Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Age Of Empires 2

Tags
age empires
3K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
I just had my first multiplayer match in YEEAAAARS... It must have been almost 10 years since last time and I quit after 1 match losing against a fucking tower rush.

Anyway, today it was so much fucking fun. I have played against the AI since it came out, and the HD AI is just way too hard.
But now I realize what a difference it makes with human players.

So what happened in this 5 player game?

First off I was very ahead of the others since I had practiced my build orders a bit the last few weeks.
The game host (red) kept saying "blue is scary" (I was blue)
I was always on top... And now interesting things started to happen!

I allied Red, just to show that he shouldn't be afraid. All was good until I started chopping down "his" forest.
He felt betrayed, he couldn't trust me anymore... And it was a "mistake"!!!
So he started opening fire on me, and also allid other players and soon enough EVERYBODY teamed up against me for a fucking mistake :lol:

I held up good against even 4 players (some very low level, and one similar to me) attacking me, even tho it was really hectic.

After a while the game just suddenly ended, and then I realized... IT WAS REGICIDE!!! I forgot I had a fucking king to protect :lol:

I could probably have come back from the siege if it wasn't for the fact I forgot it was regicide and lost the king.

THIS WAS SO MUCH FFFUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

You never experience this type of drama with the AI, so I'm definitely gonna play AOE2 more online.

Is there anybody else into AOE2 here, and would like to take a match of some sort?

See less See more
#3 ·
Fucking love AOE2 :wub:

I play, really, just three video games: Borderlands, Minecraft, and AOE2.

I used to be all about the Teutons, but these days, the Mongols and their elite archers have my heart :wub:

#5 ·
Trying several times, get my ass kicked EVERY TIME.

I CAN NOT focus on more things than one at a time :(

I start out perfectly with a a normal build order but once stuff starts happening I'm FUCKING LOST. I can only focus on one thing at a time

If I try to get the correct resources, I forget to make new military units

If somebody is attacking me I almost get a heart attack and wanna rage quit

I can not handle this fucking game or RTS games in general :(

#9 ·
I CAN NOT focus on more things than one at a time :(
You don't say. :lol:

Kind of an oddball suggestion... but, have you considered making a checklist of all the things you need to prioritize in this game, and maybe taping it to the edge of your screen, or otherwise affixing it somewhere so you can glance at it every once in a while? I'm not nearly in your league here, lol, but I think sometimes it can be really helpful to just have a periodic reminder of all the things you need to routinely check while you're doing something.

#10 ·
Things do get crazy very quickly when someone is micro-invading while you're trying to keep your resources up, and then BAM their full army shows up :lol:

I rarely get time to play, but when I get some regular free time to do so, I'll let you know!

#13 ·
There's a way to control a single team with two people... I think you just need to make the two players the same color/team, but then you could focus on resources and have a buddy focus on military/nation-building :)

#14 ·
Yeah I know I did with that with a friend once, because he doesn't know anything how the game works. Places miningcamps five miles away from the gold and makes the boar kill his villagers all the time XD oh well I guess I played just as shitty as he did 10+ years ago, and then I started watching Youtube tutorials about build orders last year and improved dramatically. But still not enough to make my brain work faster :(

#17 ·
Now I played a game against somebody who was just above my own skill level. We had some "back and fourth" action going on, he attacked me and I deflected... I attacked him and he deflected... So even tho I got beaten, it doesn't make me feel like a shit person!
Seems like there's some hope. My multitasking was a litttlleee better than yesterday. WOHOO!!!

#20 ·
I played this a lot about 10 years ago, before I had kids. This and Total War were the only games I played. If they were offered on Nintendo Switch I might try and get into them again but not on the pc. My laptop is old as it is and that would be too much for it.

#26 ·
I just played an amazing Mountain Pass ranked 1v1 game that I HOPE T90 Official will make a commenty on, I have submitted it to his discord :flex:

If it ended up on his YT channel that would be a dream come true
:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

#28 ·
Ok, I will explain.

I = that is me
just = implying I did something recently
played = the general activity I was involved in
an = singular
amazing = a description of how much I enjoed the activity
Mountain Pass = a map type in the game Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
ranked = the system in AOE2: DE to valuate which skill level players are, and matched to create fair matches
1v1 = meaning it was me, and another player, duking it out
game = a game is a structured form of play, usually undertaken for entertainment or fun, and sometimes used as an educational tool.
that = bla bla bla
I = me
HOPE = what the guys in Star Wars had in Episode IV
T90 Official = a professional Youtube commentator specialized in Age Of Empires 2
will = a modal verb
make = Dirty Harry wants a punk to do this with his day
a = just like "an" but without the ending n
commenty = mispelled "commentary"
on = not off
I = see above
have = pregnancy
submitted = believe it or not but this is also a verb
it = a clown that goes "aha aha aha"
to = the number after wan
his = implying the youtuber is a dick sort of species
discord = I don't know how to explain this

If it ended up on his YT channel that would be a dream come true = My life is a joke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.