Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Steam Summer Sale

4K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  146 
#1 ·
It begins.

Checked last afternoon when it went live and didn't catch anything I really wanted, but Steam sales always end with picking up shit regardless.

#2 ·
I might get Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, but other than that I'm not sure.

If Pillars of Eternity 2 goes for cheap I might get that, but not sure about that since I didn't really like the first game. In theory it should be right up my alley, since I loved Baldurs Gate, Divinity 2, Dragon Age: Origins and a lot of other games in that style, but something about it made it feel like a chore to play. The world just felt dull and weird.

Anyways, my Steam library is filled with a bunch of games from the previous sales that I've barely played, so I definitely don't need any new games before the christmas sale.

#6 ·
God, same here. :lol: I have Portal 2 and some game, Torchlight 2, maybe, that was lauded as having fun gameplay a bit similar to Diablo, that I've never tried, as well as Baldur's Gate II that I bought because I wasn't sure if I could still find the discs (eventually I did), that I still haven't finished. And whenever I feel like gaming I still generally just fire up Diablo III and run a few rifts. :lol:

#16 ·
Isn't The Surge just sci fi Dark Souls but with more obnoxious difficulty? :lol:

For the Castlevania fans, grab Bloodstained Ritual Of The Night. Been playing it flat stick. Sure it's just Symphony Of The Night again, actually it's exactly that in all but half the name, but I love it.

#17 ·
Isn't The Surge just sci fi Dark Souls but with more obnoxious difficulty? :lol:
I have tried numerous times to get into the Souls-style games and there is just something about them I'm not getting. I keep getting killed by the first or second boss. Dark Souls, I said screw it after the first boss, Nioh I gave a real shot to and put some effort in but it still wasted me. Now I'm trying Sekiro and The Surge. In both of these games the character is noticeably faster which is great, but the bosses are still kicking my butt. Someday I'll get it, but right now these games are super frustrating.

#26 ·
Just wrapped up Far Cry 5. Not really interested in New Dawn or at least not at the moment. Looking to buy something new, preferably sub-$20 but I'll go at or above that if it's a newer release. Hitman 2 and Rage 2 are both on my short-list.

#28 ·
Finally getting around to playing Deus Ex: Mankind divided, which was under $5 during the sale.

Awesome game. Wish it was more open world (semi open world), but the level of detail in the bits there are is insanely deep. The Kowloon Walled City esque level is fucking amazing, and I enjoyed the attention they put into subtle parody on stuff like magazines and posters. "Nuns N Posers"

Definitely one of the better games I've played recently. Not even a Deus Ex fan, I quit Human Revolution like 4 hours in because it was borning, but Mankind Divided is gripping start to finish.

#29 ·
Also love how in Mankind Divided they made a conscious effort to make the Pacifist/Non Lethal options as brutal as the fatal options. Not as fun, but still way better than most games pacifist options. Dishonored should take notes. I hate the trend in immersive sims of giving you all these cool weapons and then you can't get the best ending if you killed people.

#31 ·
I also just finished MD.

Forgot how open ended Deus Ex missions are. I had one where you're supposed to steal back some guy's stuff and it sets up a quest chain to make it into the next board. But I had already stolen the items and sold them, and all my auto-saves were after that so there was no turning back. I ended up shooting the guy in the face, which immediately nixed that mission and b0rked the whole quest chain, so I had to just keep killing people until the keycard dropped. It was pretty fun actually :lol:

#35 ·
I didn't see anything I don't already have that was on sale.

Sekiro is finally starting to go on sale too. I got it when it came out, and I'm not even a fan of Dark Souls, but it you don't have Sekiro now is an awesome time to get it, one of the best games ever.

Probably a good time to get any of the Epic Games exclusives that have made their way to Steam. Like Borderlands. Unfortunately I caved and got it on Epic before it went to Steam.

#42 ·
The Divinity: Original Sin games are for sale right now for fans of any fantasy roleplaying games - the first one is fun but way too goofy, DOS2 is probably in my top 10 ever games and strikes a good balance between seriousness and humor. These are made by Larian who are also making BG3 - and DOS2 is most likely the reason they were chosen for BG3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.