Steam Summer Sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Sale

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
    Isn't The Surge just sci fi Dark Souls but with more obnoxious difficulty?
    I have tried numerous times to get into the Souls-style games and there is just something about them I'm not getting. I keep getting killed by the first or second boss. Dark Souls, I said screw it after the first boss, Nioh I gave a real shot to and put some effort in but it still wasted me. Now I'm trying Sekiro and The Surge. In both of these games the character is noticeably faster which is great, but the bosses are still kicking my butt. Someday I'll get it, but right now these games are super frustrating.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I have tried numerous times to get into the Souls-style games and there is just something about them I'm not getting. I keep getting killed by the first or second boss. Dark Souls, I said screw it after the first boss, Nioh I gave a real shot to and put some effort in but it still wasted me. Now I'm trying Sekiro and The Surge. In both of these games the character is noticeably faster which is great, but the bosses are still kicking my butt. Someday I'll get it, but right now these games are super frustrating.
    That was my experience with them too. I'm a long time gamer and consider myself better than the average noob but hard for the sake of hard games just don't do it for me.

Also, I bought The Surge and I don't even have a PC, and there's no Mac support. Curse you, steam.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That was my experience with them too. I'm a long time gamer and consider myself better than the average noob but hard for the sake of hard games just don't do it for me.

Also, I bought The Surge and I don't even have a PC, and there's no Mac support. Curse you, steam.
    Get Shadow Warrior 2 if you don't have it. That has a ton of gnarly sci-fi combat.

That game is fucking ridiculous. Cheap on sales too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Hey Chris, if I can do it you can do it. It only took me 3 days to beat the first boss!

Steam Summer Sale-yeah-jpg
    Attached Images

ME: Dean RC7, RG8527
    MB: Warwick Corvette $$

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Get Shadow Warrior 2 if you don't have it. That has a ton of gnarly sci-fi combat.

That game is fucking ridiculous. Cheap on sales too.
    Shadow Warrior 2 is fucking awesome. Way underrated, one of my favourite games ever.

Steam summer sale - as usual I bought everything that looks slightly interesting and goes for around $10. Meanwhile I've spent 200 hours on what was supposed to be a "quick revisit" of Borderlands 2 and all its expansions, only contributing to the growth of the Steam backlog.

Last played BL2 on Xbox 360 and the entire collection was so damn cheap recently (not part of the summer sale.) The "quick revisit" Zer0 character is now heading into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.... send a SWAT team to unplug my PC. Please.
    THRAEΘL
    Sci-Fi prog metal from Space.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by BMU View Post
    Steam summer sale - as usual I bought everything that looks slightly interesting and goes for around $10. Meanwhile I've spent 200 hours on what was supposed to be a "quick revisit" of Borderlands 2 and all its expansions, only contributing to the growth of the Steam backlog.

Last played BL2 on Xbox 360 and the entire collection was so damn cheap recently (not part of the summer sale.) The "quick revisit" Zer0 character is now heading into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.... send a SWAT team to unplug my PC. Please.
    I just did that with BL2.

ME: Jackson SLATXMG7FR
    MA: Takamine G335 12-String
    MB: Ibanez SR-405
    Rig: Peavey 6505+
    XBL: BamHungler
    PSN: Butswald
    Steam: HamBungler

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Souls games aren't all that difficult once you know what the game expects of you and realize it is more counter-intuitive to bulk up on armor early on as it weighs you down until you can get your equipment load stat upgraded. First thing I would recommend is get good at dodging (lighter armor helps with this as it gives you a much bigger dodging window), and find a weapon with a diverse moveset that you can jive with. You'd be surprised that the Longsword you get early on can pretty much carry you through the entire game, and if you start as a Cleric then the mace you get is actually really good too for a decent portion of the game. It really helped me to watch some Youtube vids on the basics to really get rollin' in the game. I understand wanting to dive right in but its definitely a game that rewards patience and observation skills as sometimes you'll see a piece of equipment with really good stats but in practice doesn't work too well. I found The Surge for example to be much harder to get into, and that was after beating the first 2 Dark Souls games and doing my research on those games.

Quote Originally Posted by HamBungler View Post
    Souls games aren't all that difficult once you know what the game expects of you and realize it is more counter-intuitive to bulk up on armor early on as it weighs you down until you can get your equipment load stat upgraded. First thing I would recommend is get good at dodging (lighter armor helps with this as it gives you a much bigger dodging window), and find a weapon with a diverse moveset that you can jive with. You'd be surprised that the Longsword you get early on can pretty much carry you through the entire game, and if you start as a Cleric then the mace you get is actually really good too for a decent portion of the game. It really helped me to watch some Youtube vids on the basics to really get rollin' in the game. I understand wanting to dive right in but its definitely a game that rewards patience and observation skills as sometimes you'll see a piece of equipment with really good stats but in practice doesn't work too well. I found The Surge for example to be much harder to get into, and that was after beating the first 2 Dark Souls games and doing my research on those games.
    Man, I'm loving The Surge. It's easily the most accessible souls-style game for me. I think the fact that the grunt enemies aren't terribly taxing if you can isolate them 1:1 is the key for me. The bosses so far haven't been too bad either, though it's still early for me.