Surprise Borderlands 2 Final DLC released

Thread: Surprise Borderlands 2 Final DLC released

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Surprise Borderlands 2 Final DLC released

New thread, So as not to muck up the Borderlands 3 thread. It's free for quite a while if you are a Borderlands 2 owner. Finally got around to playing it last night. Believe the release was a week or two back.

It's not mind blowingly incredible or anything, but I love it when companies release surprise DLCs after a game has finished its run 5 years before. Titan Quest did this too.

It also features a few functional tweaks that are cool (the ability to start new characters at level 30). It's short, but it's cool to have a kind of refresher before 3 releases. And also, it's free, so that's rad. I've only played extensively as Gaige and Maya, so it is cool to be able to see how the other characters are without having to start from level 1.

Only complaint is it doesn't feature Mr. Torgue at all.

It also devotes a lot of time to driving home the point that a major character (no spoilers) died in the Telltale spin off series. I guess it wasn't played as widely as the main series and they needed to ease people into it. The main antagonist is pretty much General Knoxx from Borderlands I with a plant gimmick. It also definitely serves the purpose of building hype for 3.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2...er-lilith-dlc/

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Well, I know what i'm doing tonight.

No Mister Torgue is a bummer though.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Well, I know what i'm doing tonight.

No Mister Torgue is a bummer though.
    It does have Mordecai's new bird though. The entire thing is shameless pandering to fans.

I wouldn't be that psyched if it was $20, but doing it for free to refresh memories and fill in some of the blanks between 2 and 3 is cool. The ability to start with a level 30 character is also legitimately useful, surprised it took them this long.