Ion Fury (previously Ion Maiden)

Thread: Ion Fury (previously Ion Maiden)

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Ion Fury (previously Ion Maiden)

Due to some stupid "legal shit" with Iron Maiden, 3D Realms was forced to change the name of their upcoming game into Ion Fury.
    I don't mind, the new name is good!!!

And... IT LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!
    I have already played the early access levels, but they seem to max out EVERYTHING according to the trailer.

To those who haven't played Ion Maiden but have played games like Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Shadow Warrior etc:

It is of course VERY similar (same Build engine basically), but I gotta say, they have polished the control and feel to make feel less stiff like the older games. It's just much smoother and fun to play.

I used to play Duke 3D as a kid a lot and I guess I didn't mind the controls back in the 90s, but as technology has moved forward, going back to the old games feels a bit stiff yes. Would be AWESOME to see a updated Duke 3D with Ion Fury-like control feel.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

I love the oldschool Duke Nukem feel to this.

ME: Jackson DK2M
    Rig: Peavey Classic 30

Aw man, they had to change the name? It was so great

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

A nice throwback to an era in gaming I absolutely despised. The mid-to-late 90s were just so bad for graphics in games.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Wait, what? Please explain why you despise this era because of the graphics.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8
    XBL: EvilIncorporatd
    PSN: EvilIncorporated

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    A nice throwback to an era in gaming I absolutely despised. The mid-to-late 90s were just so bad for graphics in games.
    You're joking, right? There are so many amazing (and amazing looking) games from the mid to late 90s. Or did you just not play games much back then? I was pretty hardcore into PC, SNES, N64, PS1, and so on, but it was a veritable golden age of gaming (though I believe there are multiple golden ages for games, not just a "single one"). The late 90s is when I was the most into PC games, and there were so many classic. In fact, of my top 10 favorite games of all time, several of them are PC games from the mid to late 90s.

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    You're joking, right? There are so many amazing (and amazing looking) games from the mid to late 90s. Or did you just not play games much back then? I was pretty hardcore into PC, SNES, N64, PS1, and so on, but it was a veritable golden age of gaming (though I believe there are multiple golden ages for games, not just a "single one"). The late 90s is when I was the most into PC games, and there were so many classic. In fact, of my top 10 favorite games of all time, several of them are PC games from the mid to late 90s.
    Sorry man, it was the worst graphics ever IMO. The early 90s pushed the 16 bit SNES style graphics as far as they could, and those looked good. But the early 3D games were just eyesores. The only games I can remember playing from that era that didn't look like a distorted & grainy Dire Straits video were Half Life and Jedi Knight. I didn't really game from about 1996 - 2002 because of it. It took PC games like Jedi Outcast and the GameCube/Xbox era to get me back into gaming.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8
    XBL: EvilIncorporatd
    PSN: EvilIncorporated

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Sorry man, it was the worst graphics ever IMO. The early 90s pushed the 16 bit SNES style graphics as far as they could, and those looked good. But the early 3D games were just eyesores. The only games I can remember playing from that era that didn't look like a distorted & grainy Dire Straits video were Half Life and Jedi Knight. I didn't really game from about 1996 - 2002 because of it. It took PC games like Jedi Outcast and the GameCube/Xbox era to get me back into gaming.
    I actually personally don't think Jedi Outcast looked that good. I'm guessing you must've not played a ton of games during that time period cuz there were a hell of a lot of great looking ones (not to mention some that didn't look that great but had good gameplay). Sure, some games like Virtua Fighter looked pretty bad, but most of the greats didn't look anything like that.