The Build-a-PC thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Build-a-PC thread

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

I just realized I started this thread but haven't posted my new system yet! Here's what I recently put together. I wanted to go all PCIe 4.0 with an AMD video card, but the Pulse 5700 XT was just taking too long to hit store shelves. I feel like I lucked out with the 2070 though as my alternative, as the ray tracing in Control and the last Tomb Raider game is just jaw dropping when you see it live.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 DDR4, 2x8GB
    Sabrent 1TB NVMe Gen4 M.2 SSD
    EVGA 850w B2 Power Supply
    Phantex Eclipse P400 ATX Case

Overclocking the CPU manually, I get good benchmarks for an air-cooled rig, but I actually see marginally better FPS in games if I just keep it at stock speeds and let the CPU manage it's own turbo boost (lower temps, less throttling). If I used an AIO or water loop I could definitely push it more, but I just don't see the benefit. I'm overclocking the RAM to 4000 MHz just because I can, and I'm doing some marginal overclocking on the video card that nets me about 5-10% more performance, but ultimately the only game that's really benefited has been Control, as it's just a really poorly optimized game.

Here's a pic of it, I feel like I'm getting better at cable management. I'm using my PSU from my old PC, so it's an older model with the older style ketchup and mustard color cables. I actually think it adds to the cyberpunk aesthetic, but that's just me.

The Build-a-PC thread-pc-jpg
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I built this a while ago. I only really use it for gaming or recording and it works great for me.

Ryzen 5
    AX-370 Gaming K5
    NZXT case
    Seasonic PSU
    16GB GSkill rgb ram (need another 16)
    GTX 1060 Dual graphics card
    Samsung sshd + Samsung m2 boot drive

IMG_20171202_005339.jpg
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ