Metal Guitarist Forums banner

The Last of Us 2

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  406 
#1 ·

Been a long time since a video game gave me chills, but this trailer did it. Can't wait for this. :yesway:

#4 ·
3X through the first one here too. Will do a 4th playthrough when this gets a little closer. Super stoked for this, the first one was brilliant. Naughty Dog pretty much picked up the torch of making great games with compelling storytelling after Bioware dropped it.

#8 ·
Yeah I'm going to start one too. I'm afraid to google anything else about this game because apparently some of it leaked and spoilers are everywhere.

TLOU is in my top 10 all time games, I've been looking forward to this for ages.

#15 ·
A little late to the party, but picked Part II up on sale last week and finished it yesterday. I went in completely unspoiled, for which I'm very grateful. Totally agree with Naren, it's an amazing game, although I'm a little surprised at the mixed reception it's gotten.

#16 ·
I broke my wrist a few weeks in, so I'm about 1/3 of the way in. Awesome story so far, but IMO the first one was quite a bit better. The only thing that I don't like is that I feel like I'm endlessly scouring empty buildings for bullets/supplies.

#17 ·
I felt that "the first one was probably better" for quite a while as I was playing it, but that opinion slowly broke down until after some point near the end of the game, I felt pretty confident that "this one is probably better than the first one." It is, of course, subjective, though.

#21 ·
It was much longer than I thought it'd be. At one point I thought I was nearing the end, but nope, still only half way through. :lol:

One thing that does annoy me is that when you upgrade the magazine capacity of your weapons the overall ammo capacity stays the same. So you can carry a whole bunch of large guns with you, but not two full upgraded magazines, which is just silly.

#22 ·
It was much longer than I thought it'd be. At one point I thought I was nearing the end, but nope, still only half way through. :lol:

One thing that does annoy me is that when you upgrade the magazine capacity of your weapons the overall ammo capacity stays the same. So you can carry a whole bunch of large guns with you, but not two full upgraded magazines, which is just silly.
That was my #1 annoyance with the game too. In most games when you upgrade the magazine capacity, your ammo capacity goes up by the number of magazines you can carry x by the number of additional ammo each magazine can carry, but in this game, only the magazines can carry more, but you still have the same ammo limit per weapon. It basically was less of a "magazine capacity" upgrade and more of a "reloading speed" upgrade in my mind since the only reason for more ammo per magazine is so you reload less frequently.

And like you, there were maybe three times that I thought I was near the end but wasn't even close.

#23 ·
Amazin game, I completely love it. I am acutall yon my second playthrough right now - i don't know when was the last time i played a game twice, and I think that says a lot...

+1 for the "i felt the first one was better up to a certain point, but now like the second one even more". Amazing sotry, awesome gameplay, hardcore tension - I don't know how much liquid i lsot due to sweating....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.