Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Diablo IV

Tags
diablo
948 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Stooooked.

Wasn't sure what to make of the gameplay. On one hand, it looks like it plays exactly like a Diablo game, which is of course awesome, and between the Cinematic and Gameplay trailers there seems to be a lot of thought given to story (which actually is kind of a mixed blessing - IMO, one of my favorite things about the original is you kinda get dropped in this world and everyone's like "Hey, so the king's son got kidnapped, and now there are skeletons coming out of that old chapel. You look tough, maybe you should check it out," though of course a story emerges as you explore).

On the other, while I appreciate the desire to move to a darker, more sombre look more in keeping with the original after the brighter, more cartoon-y DII and DIII, I feel like maybe they went TOO far - this looks a lot like the original from a palate standpoint, and I feel like maybe it's a little TOO washed out, like the saturation is dialed back a hair too far.

#8 ·
:lol: @ Beard.

Also, kinda curious to see they're bringing Lilith into this, after making her and an angel whose name I forget such a big part of the story of the creation of Sanctuary. Where last we left off, it sounded like she wanted OUT of the Eternal Conflict, and wasn't likely to be teaming up with the Prime Evils anytime soon.

Anyone still playing DIII? I built a Crusader for the Season 18 go-through, a class I hadn't played yet, and am actually kind of having a blast with it now that the season's over, using Icy Veins' season recommended tarting point. Gradually building up the gear to try one of their other builds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.