Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Naren 
#1 ·
Just buy it. Fantastic game.

Plus, the kid plays a space guitar in it, so there's that.

#4 ·
So good, I played it twice. Finished it and immediately fired up a Grandmaster run. Couple of really minor gripes (really needs some limited fast travel, or at least an extra landing zone or two in each planet to make backtracking less painful. A lot of the skill tree upgrades are kinda underwhelming), but goddamn, this is an impressive first crack at this kind of game for an FPS dev. I can't wait for the inevitable sequel, or at least a challenge mode like the Arkham games had.

#5 ·
I beat this a few weeks ago. Overall, I thought it was a good game, but there were some things about it that REALLY annoyed me, such as finding where you're supposed to go -- or more specifically how to get there. They have some planets that you go to multiple times and they just expect you to understand how to get to a certain location. So much just wandering around trying to figure out how to get to the destination on the map. Plus, the lack of fast travel is super annoying, like how you get the deepest into an area, but instead of instantly taking you back to your ship like a lot of games, you have to go back yourself. And that can be especially annoying because you oftentimes can't go back exactly the way you came, so it can take twice as long to get back to your ship as it did to get to the place you were going to in the first place. They could've at least added an item that takes you back to the ship (for example, a radio or location transmitter, etc.). There were also some really annoying puzzles, mostly annoying because the area is huge, but they don't necessarily give you any hints about where you're supposed to go.

So, yeah, a good game, but seriously flawed and way overrated in my opinion.

#9 ·
So, yeah, a good game, but seriously flawed and way overrated in my opinion.
Agree. I'd give it a 3/5 rating, i.e. entertaining but not a masterpiece.

One of the more annoying things for me is the respawning enemies - that combined with having to backtrack to get to the ship really sucks. It just feels like they're artificially increasing the length of the game without adding any content. Respawning enemies was the main reason why I couldn't stand playing Dragon Age 2 until I found the "instakill all enemies on screen"-script.

I also find the writing and characters a bit bland and boring, the prequel-trilogy era setting doesn't perhaps help. The gameplay and combat is pretty fun though, which makes it playable. It's a bit like the gameplay making Far Cry 3 a great game, despite the protagonist and his friends being so annoying you basically didn't want them to survive, and the plot just being filler.

#7 ·
Haven't played it but I haven't loved the last couple Star Wars games. I think the last one I enjoyed was probably the first Force Unleashed, and everything since I just couldnt keep up the excitement to fight through. Last one was probably Battlefront 2, I got tired of being killed by 10 year old kids, tried the campaign and it was just... not fun.

I'll prolly try this when it's like, sub-$20 because I can't roll the dice on another SW title at full price.

#13 ·
Just finished this. Good game, definitely would recommend buying it on a Steam Sale or something. There were some things that annoyed me, mainly the respawning enemies (they could at least not respawn the exact same enemies in the exact same places) and some timing issues with parrying/blocking/dodging - felt like I got killed 20 times in the final boss fight because it didn't block when I pressed block or dodge when I pressed dodge. But overall, a good entertaining game with a pretty good story and quite likeable characters.

#24 ·
Also it has the OP Vader from Rogue One, which still seems f'ing wrong to me. I know he has to be unbeatable, because time-line/etc, but I feel like they keep gping overboard with his power level.
Yeah, they could have made it so that it's almost impossible (but still possible if you're really, really good) to beat him. Then when you're about to land the killing blow, there's an explosion/crash/something that stops that from happening separating the characters. If you fail, you're then saved by whatever her name was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.