Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Calling all Vinces and Svends, Mass Effect Remastered

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Naren 
#1 ·
#3 ·
One of my all-time favorite shirts that I own:

It says "Mako Mountain Climbing Team" on the back :lol:

#5 ·
Well, can someone fix the thread title, apparently we're fresh outta Svends.

Oh my god that shirt :lol:

I played the shit outta these after years of not digging the first one cause cludgy controls, then when I was first dating my wife we got through the first one again and she loved it, but our x360 died (and our ps3 now too) so she hasn't gotten to play 2-3. So stoked for this.

#6 ·
Hope nobody who worked on ME Andromeda even touches this. Especially the ones who did the facial models and animations. I actually forgot for a moment that that turd existed.

They could also remake Andromeda and make it not suck in every way. :idea:

#7 ·
Hope nobody who worked on ME Andromeda even touches this. Especially the ones who did the facial models and animations. I actually forgot for a moment that that turd existed.

They could also remake Andromeda and make it not suck in every way. :idea:
I tried on three separate occasions to get through it and just couldn't do it. Even after they allegedly "fixed" it. :(

It's like The Godfather 3 of video games.

#9 ·
I've been following all the rumors on this for awhile, still nothing concrete, but I'm hopeful.

I played through and beat Andromeda. VERY repetitive, but beautiful game. Missed the Mass Effect spirit entirely, but it was not a bad Sci Fi game on its own. I just felt it was more like a Red Faction game than a Mass Effect game, if that makes sense.

#10 ·
I played through and beat Andromeda. VERY repetitive, but beautiful game. Missed the Mass Effect spirit entirely, but it was not a bad Sci Fi game on its own. I just felt it was more like a Red Faction game than a Mass Effect game, if that makes sense.
I thought the biggest problem was the totally unlikeable characters, including the main character (they behaved like annoying teenagers) and mediocre writing. The other problem I had with it was the same as with Dragon Age Inquisition, where it's largely a single player MMO filled with repetitive fetch/destroy x quests with zero effort. With a bit of added effort those would have been more interesting, like in Witcher 3 where you have the equivalent quests (the monster contracts), but they're all voice acted and have some unique twist - so they feel like they're not just random generated.

The visuals were pretty nice, excluding the facial animations and models. This is also where it seemed like they were just lazy, as for example all Asari had the exact same face, just with a different hue of blue. At least in the ME1-3 they had like three or four different models for the Asari, with a load of different textures. The facial animations were just derp.

#13 ·
I would gladly sink another couple hundred hours into ME3 multiplayer :lol: Krogan Backhand of Doom squad for life.

That was probably my biggest disappoinent with Andromeda..I was so hyped for an updated mp mode and the movement did feel really good in single player, but they somehow fucked up literally every part of what made the ME3 multinao good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.