NVIDIA unveils 3070, 3080, 3090 video cards - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA unveils 3070, 3080, 3090 video cards

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2
    PSN: JJ_Rodriguez

Well a lot of that was people with scripts set up to buy a fuck ton of 3080s to scalp. Pretty shitty deal if you needed a GPU for a build. I'm just waiting for prices to come down on 20 series since it looks like I'll be sticking with 1080p for a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Even as a guy who doesn't give a shit, I can't seem to avoid posts and articles about the mad rush to buy these things. It's just as bad as the Apple nuts who have to rush out and stand in line for 48 hours to upgrade their device to something .000001% "better".
    Yeah, I don't see the point. Then again, I'm pretty much the opposite that I only update my hardware when it's absolutely necessary. Helps that I've never cared that much about the graphics in games, so it's ok for me to turn some settings down so that the games work on older hardware.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Even as a guy who doesn't give a shit, I can't seem to avoid posts and articles about the mad rush to buy these things. It's just as bad as the Apple nuts who have to rush out and stand in line for 48 hours to upgrade their device to something .000001% "better".
    Yeah this is a good time to have patience. These 3080s are coming out with 10 GB of VRAM, while the 20 GB ones are coming out after AMD releases Big Navi in October. So the next 3-4 months we're going to see a slew of new, very powerful graphics cards come out at sub-$800 right when the PS5 and Xbox Series One X S 360 Slim come out.

It's a good time to be patient and an awesome time to be a gamer

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla
    XBL: BlankPlank91
    PSN: BlankPlank
    Steam: BlankPlank

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Yeah this is a good time to have patience. These 3080s are coming out with 10 GB of VRAM, while the 20 GB ones are coming out after AMD releases Big Navi in October. So the next 3-4 months we're going to see a slew of new, very powerful graphics cards come out at sub-$800 right when the PS5 and Xbox Series One X S 360 Slim come out.
    That last bit is so fucking on point it hurts

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Blankplank View Post
    That last bit is so fucking on point it hurts
    Bugera Trirec Infinium 100 W 3-Channel Valve Amp Head.

ME: Jackson SLATXMG7FR
    MA: Takamine G335 12-String
    MB: Ibanez SR-405
    Rig: Peavey 6505+
    XBL: BamHungler
    PSN: Butswald
    Steam: HamBungler

After seeing how the 3080 launch went I'm definitely gonna say wait until at least early next year to buy something if you're trying to save money. If you want to guarantee yourself a new card this year I'd look for an EVGA 2070/2080 variant that will be close to the price of the new card you want and register the card for the Step-Up program. The way it works is that once your card is registered (or you can buy an extended warranty if you didn't do this within 14 days) you have 90 additional days to apply for the Step-Up which will discount you the amount you paid for your previous card on the new card you want. Granted you're still going to be waiting on a card, but at least you can still use your 2070/2080 card until the new one ships to your door AND you get to avoid buying from scalpers.

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C
    PSN: desertdweller56
    Steam: desertdweller_56

https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF/stat...95374900432899

Watching this mess makes me happier with how Fractal released the FM3. Announced, waiting list, go in order. So much smoother. It's a mess right now with the launch of the 30 series cards.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8
    XBL: EvilIncorporatd
    PSN: EvilIncorporated

Apparently there are a bunch of people who bought a ton of these and then put them on eBay and other such websites for double, triple, or even more their original cost.