Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Mass Effect Remastered

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  1377 
#1 ·
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

It's tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it's official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We've heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we're super happy to finally reveal that we've been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs - all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
Will probably buy a PS5 for this.

:hans:

#4 ·
Let's hope Bioware have learned that single player games with MMORPG-mechanics are dreadfully boring (looking at you Dragon Age:Inquisition and ME: Andromeda), and that they get someone in who can write a good story. At least it's a promising sign that it looks like this doesn't dump most of the background lore, like Andromeda did.

Sceptic mode off, fanboy mode on - I'm super excited about new Mass Effect stuff!

#3 ·
Mass Effect 1 is my favorite in the series and I played it all the way through twice when I first got it (granted, Andromeda is the only ME game I have not played, but from what people say, that was the correct choice), so this does sound like something I'd like to get. If nothing else, just to relive the fun of the freedom in the choices and consequences. The second and third games were good, but I honestly think the first is the best from a storyline and choices/consequences perspective (though the second and third games vastly improve the combat and other gameplay elements).

#8 ·
It really is. Even if they just had a co-op mode or something, or even a single player version of where you just play with bots. That MP was super duper fun. Even though they dropped the ball with it in the end, the fact that it was supposed to tie into the ending of the campaign made it even cooler.

#9 ·
Now I just hope I'll have something to play it on once it arrives - the graphics card market is completely silly right now, with people selling used 2 generations old cards for the price of new cards, and new cards being completely unavailable. Next gen consoles appear to be completely impossible to buy as well. There seems to be some serious scalping going on in both markets, and graphics card have the added burden of bitcoin miners.

I'd basically be happy with a GTX1660 or similar if I could get one for a sane price, but now used ones are being sold for more expensive prices than new ones were a year ago...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.