Leon: wildealien
Crucified: crux138
Josh: temjinstrife
Tom: TomAwesome
Chris: LoveBuns
Steve: rudisturbed
Tim (AcidWing): AcidWing

Minecraft

This is probably the best $13 I've spent on gaming since I scored a used copy of ME1 for $13 a few years ago.

After Penny Arcade ran a few strips on it, I checked out some youtube vids, and decided I had to buy it.

Now I just need to be careful, because I spend like 5 hours hunting zombies, expanding my underground/aboveground housing/cave network, and exploring the gigantic world each time I play. Thus, I need to make sure I have all my homework done first :lol:

If anyone digs it (and knows more about this sort of thing than I do) we should totally set up an MG.org multiplayer server.

Works on PC, Mac, some Linux, and even runs in a browser window if you want!

Here's how to play:

More vids on his channel.

EDIT: Buzz has set up a server. Here's what he says:
Alright, I now have a server set up.

Some things to note before logging in:

1. In my local test, it took me a couple of tries to log-in. If it says it took too long to log in, try again. Let me know if you're having problems and I'll see if I can do anything to fix it.

2. You are unable to mine/place blocks immediately where you spawn. I assume this is a feature to protect people just popping into the game. Just walk a little bit in any direction and you should be able to place and destroy blocks.

3. Hit T to chat, if you haven't already discovered that bit

4. I didn't see any monsters in the brief time I tested it. I dunno if it was because I was close to the beginning area or if it was stuck in Peaceful mode. I'll have to look into that.

Anyways, the IP address for the server is:
SEE ABOVE

Oh, and this should go without saying, nor do I expect any problems from you guys since you're all awesome, but don't be a dick. :wub:

See less See more
#35 ·
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Drew said:
Ok, Josh is the reason I didn't record anything this weekend. :lol:

If Someone could explain some good use for that red electricity dust shit other than vague "electricity" mentions from the Wiki page, that'd be huge, btw, because I have a ton. :lol:
I downloaded an app on my droid that tells me how to make everything in the game, ill post it when I get home. :yesway:

#38 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

JJ Rodriguez said:
E-mail the dude and tell him what's up. Best case scenario he tells you how to get it working, or he gives you that $13 back so you really can spend it on whores. Worst case scenario, you're shit out of luck, but you have nothing to lose :lol:
:agreed: Dude makes something like 250k a day off this game so I'm sure he would at least refund the 13 bucks, or better yet resolve the issue.

#41 ·
I'm building a fortress, gonna start a farm for food and wood and stuff, and continue digging out the mine.

I also want to have a tunnel connecting the spawn point, and my fortress.

And all kinds of crazy shit.

#44 ·
Yeah, I'd been playing with that link open in another window. :lol:

The compass, now that I have a ton of that shit, could actually be useful, seeing as I hot hopelessly lost and ended up digging a series of "temporary" houses as dusk fell to hole up for the night, then frantically searched for my spawn point during the day. Problem is, I have about a hundred of the red things, and maybe 4 iron. The iron needed for the compass is worth WAY more to me than the red stuff for better picks, so I think I have to mine at higher levels and not spend so much time so deep. Though, I just got enough diamond for a sword and a pick...

#58 ·
Well I totally got my ass handed to me in that cave I found, lost all my iron, and the 4-5 bars of gold I found. I went back down into my mine to see if I could snag some iron, found 2 blocks of diamond, didn't have iron, so tried my stone picks, and the diamond disappeared when the blocks finally busted.

Sad Trombone

I need to find me some god damn iron :lol:

#59 ·
You know, whenever you die, if you go back to the point you died you find all your shit, right?

It's literally JUST like Descent or Hexen or Doom or any of the other games it's paying graphic homage to. :lol:

#69 ·
I'll set one up tomorrow when I get home from work and have access to my other computer. I'll just leave it on as a dedicated server and VNC into it if I need to change anything. I'll post up the IP in the morning if I remember.

#66 ·
I think it disappears after like 5-10 minutes. I did some Googling. I died like maybe a 5 minute run from my base, so it doesn't give me very much time to run to my base when I spawn, grab some stone from my storage container, make some tools and a sword, find some coal, make torches, then run to my shit :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.