Leon: wildealien
Crucified: crux138
Josh: temjinstrife
Tom: TomAwesome
Chris: LoveBuns
Steve: rudisturbed
Tim (AcidWing): AcidWing

Minecraft

This is probably the best $13 I've spent on gaming since I scored a used copy of ME1 for $13 a few years ago.

After Penny Arcade ran a few strips on it, I checked out some youtube vids, and decided I had to buy it.

Now I just need to be careful, because I spend like 5 hours hunting zombies, expanding my underground/aboveground housing/cave network, and exploring the gigantic world each time I play. Thus, I need to make sure I have all my homework done first :lol:

If anyone digs it (and knows more about this sort of thing than I do) we should totally set up an MG.org multiplayer server.

Works on PC, Mac, some Linux, and even runs in a browser window if you want!

Here's how to play:

More vids on his channel.

EDIT: Buzz has set up a server. Here's what he says:
Alright, I now have a server set up.

Some things to note before logging in:

1. In my local test, it took me a couple of tries to log-in. If it says it took too long to log in, try again. Let me know if you're having problems and I'll see if I can do anything to fix it.

2. You are unable to mine/place blocks immediately where you spawn. I assume this is a feature to protect people just popping into the game. Just walk a little bit in any direction and you should be able to place and destroy blocks.

3. Hit T to chat, if you haven't already discovered that bit

4. I didn't see any monsters in the brief time I tested it. I dunno if it was because I was close to the beginning area or if it was stuck in Peaceful mode. I'll have to look into that.

Anyways, the IP address for the server is:
SEE ABOVE

Oh, and this should go without saying, nor do I expect any problems from you guys since you're all awesome, but don't be a dick. :wub:

See less See more
#10 ·
Dear lord.

Granted, I can sympathize on some level. I spent three hours yesterday adding a massive observation tower onto the cliff above my house, and two of those hours were spent trying to (unsuccessfully) get both ends of the access tunnel to meet :lol:

#12 ·
I just started playing.... I saw one of my co-workers playing this on Friday, and scoffed at it, but then I watched those videos...

I actually hope they don't fix the graphics, has a real nostalgic feel to it like this.

In summation, fuck you Josh. I'm probably going to waste a lot of time on this shit :lol:

#23 ·
I got a helluva mine going. Still haven't found anything above iron :/

Not sure what to build outside of the place though... Tried to make a giant "treehouse" but I guess you can't plant trees directly next to each other to make a giant one. Pity.

#25 ·
You actually find way more minerals by spelunking (exploring natural caves.)

You also risk getting lost, falling in holes, and finding monsters... but no reward comes without risk!

Also, the truly amazing land formations definitely tend to happen in islands and areas far from where you spawn.

#26 ·
Ok, Josh is the reason I didn't record anything this weekend. :lol:

If Someone could explain some good use for that red electricity dust shit other than vague "electricity" mentions from the Wiki page, that'd be huge, btw, because I have a ton. :lol:

#27 ·
Ok, Josh is the reason I didn't record anything this weekend. :lol:

If Someone could explain some good use for that red electricity dust shit other than vague "electricity" mentions from the Wiki page, that'd be huge, btw, because I have a ton. :lol:
:lol:

You can make a compass that always points to your spawn location. That's the only thing I know how to use it for.

You need four iron bars and a red dust arranged in a diamond shape. I haven't figured out anything else.

#28 ·
So, uh, anyone know how to set up a multiplayer server? We would have MG.org City!

#31 ·
Yeah, but all I have is a MacBook that gets taken to class with me. Nothing stable at home I can leave running to allow people to create a nation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.