Metal Guitarist Forums banner

MG World Community Grid Team

16K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Kagami 
#1 ·
Fight Cancer, find aliens, embrace your inner Leon.

World Community Grid brings people together from across the globe to create the largest non-profit computing grid benefiting humanity. It does this by pooling surplus computer processing power.
World Community Grid - Metalguitarist.org

#33 ·
picked up GRID for the ps3 last week. Fired it up this afternoon for a bit. Eh, I got to get used to it, Forza is a much better racer, and Burnout is a better arcade game. So I dunno yet, but for $12 I couldn't go wrong. It is fast though. The cars just seem really floaty with wide swings in handling.

#36 ·
ok guys I have over half the points generated now...

Points Generated (Rank) 7,974,504 (#2,446)

D-EJ915 4,473,034 9,123
JJ Rodriguez 2,463,595 4,365
MG-Purist 656,075 1,094
MG-Chris 279,892 475
Shikaru 54,541 118
MusicTheoryJoey 33,990 60
BlankPlank 11,764 29
mgmax 1,613 6

#42 ·
:bump:

I was doing this until a couple of months ago and stopped because it was spawning a shitload of processes and bringing my system to it's knees even when I was using it, didn't pause automatically, or even stop when I tried to pause it manually, had to go in and kill like 20 processes from task manager.

Not even sure if anyone is still doing this or not :lol:

#46 ·
a bunch of the FAH powerhouses said fuck you to pande and bombed out of FAH once and for all. they keep dicking everyone around w/regards to actual science and stuff and making it pointless to run on not-superpowerful rigs. even then they change the requirements and make everybody feel like they wasted money

#48 ·
Dumb moment... I seriously thought this thread was for the racing game Grid, and I avoided it for several years. Picked up Grid Autosport on the cheap the other day and thought I'd come in here and see what the discussion was about, and was completely confused for a few minuted until I figured it out :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.