Who else runs a Mac/Android computer/phone setup? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who else runs a Mac/Android computer/phone setup?

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Mark V / Axe-3 / Kemper

I just listen to news and sports talk radio 99% of the time, so I don't use a streaming service either!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II
    XBL: Hulk Krogan
    Steam: Drifter287

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    I don't understand you kids and your streaming services these days. I just use a 64gb phone and store tons of music on that, then use whatever player I like (I use Player Pro). No dicking around with data plans, syncing, or anything.
    That's essentially how a lot of people, myself included, use Google Music. I just find pinning stuff to be more convenient than plugging my phone in and dragging files onto the SD card. It also lets me have my entire music library available on my work computer without having to actually keep the files on there, as an added bonus.

Six of one/half a dozen of the other though. If accessing your library on other computers doesn't matter to you then the SD card + music player route works just as well.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    I don't understand you kids and your streaming services these days. I just use a 64gb phone and store tons of music on that, then use whatever player I like (I use Player Pro). No dicking around with data plans, syncing, or anything.

I also leave my MBP switched off 99% of the time, so it has no bearing on my Android phone!
    I dont stream either. I just want to know a decent way to copy files from MBP to S6 haha.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez ARZ307FM
    Rig: Peavey 5150 II
    XBL: Hulk Krogan
    Steam: Drifter287

MBPs all have SD card readers don't they? You could just pop the SD card from the phone into the computer and put whatever music you want directly on there. It should show up on whatever music player you decide to use.

If you want to store the music on the phone's internal storage for whatever reason, I believe Samsung has some sort of sync software that should have a mac version, or you can use AirDroid or Doubletwist to do the transfer.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Krogan View Post
    MBPs all have SD card readers don't they? You could just pop the SD card from the phone into the computer and put whatever music you want directly on there. It should show up on whatever music player you decide to use.

If you want to store the music on the phone's internal storage for whatever reason, I believe Samsung has some sort of sync software that should have a mac version, or you can use AirDroid or Doubletwist to do the transfer.
    No removable SD on the S6 unfortunately.