eBay lowers sellers fee to 3.5% on guitars and basses - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: eBay lowers sellers fee to 3.5% on guitars and basses

People are getting crazy with prices on old Ibbys, I see RG550 from late 90s totally beaten selling for 700-800 euros...

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I occasionally go look at eBay for guitars, but I've noticed a lot of the higher end stuff is thinning out.

Reverb - what in the name of unholy fuck happened to the prices of old Ibanez guitars???

1700 CAD Ibanez RG770
    Speculators.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

I've sold cheap stuff and expensive stuff on Reverb. The only stuff you can't move on there is stuff you've priced unrealistically. Most stuff I list is gone within 2 days and I've sold like 30+ things there.

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

I find Reverb is much more reliable and more friendly to gear-related sellers.

Only problem is that everyone there is knowledgeable with gear, so the prices tend to be at normal market level or higher.

ME: RG3XXVLB
    MA: Alvarez FDT243C
    MB: Spector Euro4LXStarr
    Rig: AmpegSVT-II Pro + 810CL

Reverb also has a checkout fee of 2.7%(2.5% for preferred sellers) for direct checkout, so if you don't use paypal to skip their fee, you are still getting fucked some..

But they also ding you on shipping. I also agree that that feels almost criminal, the first time I noticed I was like WTF and called them up and told them they made a mistake and billed me on the shipping too, I was like well wtf thats another $100 your feeing me on for shipping to Canada. asshats.

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

Personally, I don't think a small fee is out of order. FleaBay was over-priced for a long time - still may be, considering the competition.

But giving up a small percentage to access Reverb's market and tools - a system they built - does not raise my hackles. I may drop a couple bucks when it all shakes out, but it's easier and more cost-effective than trying to get the locals to pay for a decent guitar without losing even more to a trade offer.

Shipping through Reverb is cheaper than shipping through the local UPS or USPS or Fedex, by the way.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as a negative against Reverb.
    The Echo Chamber keeps you safe from hurtful thoughts and words.

ME: Gibson LPC
    MA: Taylor 214ce
    MB: '87 Spector NS2
    Rig: Mesa WD800/B'faced F10

Quote Originally Posted by Assault Bacon View Post
    Personally, I don't think a small fee is out of order. FleaBay was over-priced for a long time - still may be, considering the competition.

But giving up a small percentage to access Reverb's market and tools - a system they built - does not raise my hackles. I may drop a couple bucks when it all shakes out, but it's easier and more cost-effective than trying to get the locals to pay for a decent guitar without losing even more to a trade offer.

Shipping through Reverb is cheaper than shipping through the local UPS or USPS or Fedex, by the way.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as a negative against Reverb.
    I've noticed that as well. Shipped my Ampeg V4B to a buyer in Colorado.. when I put in the package info into UPS's website, the quote was $97 for shipping. The same dimensions put into Reverb's calculator for UPS was $50. I went with Reverb and saved a good $47 on a 54lb package.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin