Michael Romeo releases his single for his solo album, "Black."
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Romeo releases his single for his solo album, "Black."

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Michael Romeo releases his single for his solo album, "Black."

I'll admit, I didn't expect Romeo to have singing but the singer sounds great and of course Romeo is nothing short of exception.

It honestly sounds like a track that should have been on Paradise Lost which I why kind of wish Russell was singing it.
    I am loving all the Orchestra parts which is what I figured his solo album would be like.

I cannot wait to hear the rest of it and I am hoping he did some crazy instrumental tracks. Loving his production and guitar sound.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/sym...lds-solo-album

Vocalist: Rick Castellano
    Bass: John “JD” DeServio
    Drums: John Macaluso.

War Of The Worlds Pt. 1 is said to pay homage to “film score giants Bernard Hermann and John Williams” and will also features EDM/dubstep elements.

Romeo explains: “It’s me putting all the things I love about music in a blender. Somebody might listen to it and say, ‘What is this guy thinking?’ But it's all about being creative and having a good time with it.

“My fans might think I’ve lost my mind on this one!”

Romeo and bassist DeServio went to the same high school, with the guitarist revealing that they had always wanted to record together.

Romeo adds: “This was the perfect opportunity. The planets finally aligned, and we were able to work together. It was great to have him play on it.”

The guitarist says that part two of the album is “already finished” and adds: “It just needs a few vocals, a couple of solos and a few tweaks here and there.

“I want people to absorb the first one for a while, and then we’ll put out the second record. They’ll complement each other, but they’ll also be a bit different.”

To mark the album announcement, Romeo has launched a lyric video for Black which can be found below.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

I love this dude's playing, but fucking hell I wish he'd JBA5150 because his fizzy/thin tone really needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I love this dude's playing, but fucking hell I wish he'd JBA5150 because his fizzy/thin tone really needs to go.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

It's kind of nothing like I'd have expected and also kind of exactly like I'd have expected, if that makes any sense.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You're not enjoying X2Ns into Engls?

This basically sounds like Symphony X, which isn't a surprise since he writes everything these days. Still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    It's kind of nothing like I'd have expected and also kind of exactly like I'd have expected, if that makes any sense.
    I completely agree and I think the unexpected part was actually him having a singer.

But I am loving it. The Orchestra parts sounds like something that should have been written for like Inception or something.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This basically sounds like Symphony X, which isn't a surprise since he writes everything these days. Still cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I completely agree and I think the unexpected part was actually him having a singer.
    Yeah, I'm maybe partially surprised he has a singer at all but I'm more surprised it doesn't sound LESS like Symphony X, I guess? But it does sound different, just not in the ways I was expecting it would...?

Even though Michael writes most of the stuff for Symphony X, solo albums tend to be sort of an exaggerated version of the elements they bring to the band. I was expecting this to be either way heavier than Symphony X or way more power metal-ish or neo-classical, but it's distinctly 'modern American metal' sounding.

I love Russ Allen but I like the direction they went with the vocals on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    But I am loving it. The Orchestra parts sounds like something that should have been written for like Inception or something.
    Oh yeah, very cool track. The orchestra stuff sounds right out of Dimmu, to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yeah, I'm maybe partially surprised he has a singer at all but I'm more surprised it doesn't sound LESS like Symphony X, I guess? But it does sound different, just not in the ways I was expecting it would...?

Even though Michael writes most of the stuff for Symphony X, solo albums tend to be sort of an exaggerated version of the elements they bring to the band. I was expecting this to be either way heavier than Symphony X or way more power metal-ish or neo-classical, but it's distinctly 'modern American metal' sounding.

I love Russ Allen but I like the direction they went with the vocals on this.

Oh yeah, very cool track. The orchestra stuff sounds right out of Dimmu, to my ears.
    Agreed.

I am hoping the rest of the album and I am guessing it will be based on what he said it'll be more Orchestral/Symphonic because I believe that is the main thing lacking in Modern Symphony X albums.

But yeah, I like the different vocals for a different perspective on Romeo's work. I imagine they went with this single to promote the album instead of a shred instrumental track like everyone else has, even though Romeo is better than most of those guys doing it.