New Tool - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 36

Thread: New Tool

  1. #9


    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Location: Ohio
    ME: USA Strat/LP, TAM10
    MB: Ibanez SR305
    Rig: Randall Satan

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    Both songs blow IMO and I've completely lost interest in the band. This goes for APC as well.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Santa Clara, CA
    ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

    iTrader: 16 (100%)

    I could barely get myself through Lateralus. For me, the last Tool album was Aenima. I prefer the more agnsty Tool than the later/newer prophetic Tool.

  4. #11


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Somerville, Ma
    ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Haven't listened yet and I probably won't before release, but I loved Lateralus, and while 10,000 Days was less consistent, I thought the high points were extremely high. I may be in the minority, but I like the more introspective, progressive side of Tool.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #12


    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Location: n/a
    ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

    iTrader: 0

    What I like of Tool I really like. But there's not enough of that between all of the self-absorbed "grumbly rock."

    I consider myself a fan but I won't be losing any sleep over a drop date for a new album.

  7. #13


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
    ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Assault Bacon View Post
    What I like of Tool I really like. But there's not enough of that between all of the self-absorbed "grumbly rock."

    I consider myself a fan but I won't be losing any sleep over a drop date for a new album.
    This is pretty much where I reside. I could shave off about 60% of each album and call the rest what I like about them. But that remaining 40% I absolutely fucking adore.

    It's kind of the same if the music goes the other way and gets insanely techy, like Decapitated. I listened to an album on the way home from work yesterday and halfway home I was like "holy fuck this is just so so good, I need to listen this more often!" then by the time I got home I didn't want to listen to it again for at least another 6 months
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

    www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

  8. #14


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Montreal / QC. / CAN.
    ME: Robin Medley Special
    Rig: 6505~(some pedals)~Mesa

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    I'll hold judgment until I hear the record, not some live video.
    President - Reverse Headstock Lover's Club ©

  9. #15


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Glasgow - Scotland
    ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

    iTrader: 3 (100%)

    I like the sound of the new stuff but I enjoy the more drawn out songs. I think tools last album had a few average songs on it but I like the stuff that's less instant gratification and more of a build up to a really awesome bit.

  10. #16


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Boston, MA
    ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    These days I prefer the APC stuff to Tool anyway. Catchy, short, asskicking tunes.

Similar Threads

  1. Got a new tune for you into the APC/Tool kind of thing.
    By Rev Drucifer in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 08:51 AM
  2. NTBD (New Tool Box Day)
    By Drew in forum Guitar: Tech, Electronics and DIY
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM
  3. TOOL Frontman Announces Boston And New Jersey Bottle Signings
    By Metal-Bot in forum Metal News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 11:00 PM
  4. The Live Tool Video Thread
    By Chris in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 04:13 AM
  5. FS EMG 707, OFR Arm+Collar, OFR Intonation Tool
    By mesh in forum Amps & Gear For Sale / Trade / Wanted
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge