Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Tool

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

New Tool

Good News: 2 new songs!

Bad News: Audience recordings so you have to endure festival bro / women chatting incessantly in the background

I like what I can hear from both. I'll give the slight edge to the second song. Can't wait for this to come out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

I'm not surprised. I elected to go on saturday to see judas priest. I didn't know how big that festival was. I tried to take a video of how big the crowd was but you cant see the beginning or the end. This was one of those festivals where a band should drop a new song live.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Old tool

Spoiler
    Argbadh - RHLC©

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

We were going to go on Sunday just for Tool but got notices from friends that it was on a rain delay. It's a 4-6 hour drive so we just said "fuck it". and cleaned the house.

I listened to the new tunes, can't say I'm blown away and I can't remember anything about them, other than them sounded like generic, slow Tool songs that meander around trying to find the point. Could be that I just need to hear them in decent quality, but they certainly weren't blowing me away. Could have been B-sides from 10,000 Days and I wouldn't have been surprised.
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"

ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer View Post
    I listened to the new tunes, can't say I'm blown away and I can't remember anything about them, other than them sounded like generic, slow Tool songs that meander around trying to find the point. Could be that I just need to hear them in decent quality, but they certainly weren't blowing me away. Could have been B-sides from 10,000 Days and I wouldn't have been surprised.
    I'll give you that.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

This.

I think it's 50% that the songs are mediocre, and 50% that I'm just not into this kind of music anymore. I'm sure the new album will be decent, but 10 minute long weird ambient Tool-y jams just don't interest me anymore.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

We were going to go on Sunday just for Tool but got notices from friends that it was on a rain delay. It's a 4-6 hour drive so we just said "fuck it". and cleaned the house.

Being that this is Tool, I'd say there's a 1-in-3 chance that these ARE B-sides and they're just trolling their fans.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Being that this is Tool, I'd say there's a 1-in-3 chance that these ARE B-sides and they're just trolling their fans.