So WHITESNAKE went Arabic for a song with Reb and the new record rules!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So WHITESNAKE went Arabic for a song with Reb and the new record rules!

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

So WHITESNAKE went Arabic for a song with Reb and the new record rules!

I LOVE this record! I got it a day early before it released and listened to it on vinyl.
    Thanks D.C.

Anyway, so let me go off. This record really reminds me of "Slide It In" & "Slip of the Tongue."

There's a slight reminisce of 87' from time to time as well.

The highlights of this record are Joel Hoekstra & Reb Beach. They do a few trade offs of solos throughout the record taking turns.

But they do some amazing "trade offs" or "battles" in "Get Up" and "Sands of Time."

This is the song WHITESNAKE went straight up Arabic & Prog. This might be favorite song on the album because it is so out-of-character for WHITESNAKE and Reb gets to shine completely. David really pushed him to write this track well and gave it a shot. Reb really got it down.
    I wanna why they didn't play this when me and my girlfriend saw them in Richmond, VA at the National. This song would have kicked so much ass! I LOVE IT.
    Joel - 1st Part of Main Solo.
    Reb - 2nd Part of Main Solo/Outro Solo.

A straight up Rock N' Roll Boogie with Reb and Joel going nuts over it.

Reb is killing on some slide. Reminds me of Mick Moody and Bernie.

This is a song from David's solo album that was leftover and I think it's pretty rad.
    Reb 1st & 2nd Slide Solo/Main Solo.
    Joel Outro Slide Solo.

This straight up sounds like it was leftover from 87'. Coverdale wrote this track.
    Joel plays all the solos. Great song.

Most of you are just gonna have to listen to this record and make your own mind.
    But I love it and the songs on it. I think Joel & Reb took this record in a different direction with both doing things soloing wise that no one else did WHITESNAKE.
    They have left their mark.

I wanna hear the bonus tracks on the Deluxe album. I'm sure they'll be rad.
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Not gonna lie, Whitesnake has always been my favorite band. I have been really liking all of there latest records and this one, so far, is not disappointing me. I was the house stage manager at a venue they played here back in 2008 and Coverdale was one of the coolest mother fuckers I have ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBot View Post
    Not gonna lie, Whitesnake has always been my favorite band. I have been really liking all of there latest records and this one, so far, is not disappointing me. I was the house stage manager at a venue they played here back in 2008 and Coverdale was one of the coolest mother fuckers I have ever met.
    That's awesome! I'd love to meet David. He scooted out real quick after the show.
    I am sure he would have been bombarded. Those women were about to steal Joel and rip his shirt off I swear...

Yeah man, I love Good to Be Bad and Forevermore so much. I wish Doug was in the band still.
    However, this record makes me feel so much better about it. Especially since just about every song is really good. Wish they would have played more of the record.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Doug is awesome but Joel, I think, is a better fit.

Hmmm. I don't know if I agree. But I do know I do love him in the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I hear you. Doug has an incredible style and tone. But he always just seemed like it was a "job". Joel seem genuinely happy to be there. When I saw them last summer, the whole time Joel just had a huge smile on his face.

I hear you. Doug has an incredible style and tone. But he always just seemed like it was a "job". Joel seem genuinely happy to be there. When I saw them last summer, the whole time Joel just had a huge smile on his face.
    Do you really think so? I thought he actually thought more of it with all the work he put into those albums he wrote.

I have heard some stories however, that like David would come move into his house and just work with him there all the time and etc.

I think he didn't want to do the Purple album and wanted to do Original material still. I am sure his family had something to do with as well. Because if I was Doug after doing two great albums. The last thing I'd want to do is covers.
    However, his version of "Burn" on "Live in the Still of the Night" is one of the most perfect moments ever. I have watched that video so many times... Good Lord...
    But Doug was actually a fan of Skyes and all before, where as it seems like Joel just knew the hits based on this interview I read. Maybe he did know more.
    I don't know.