Young kids covering 80s cheese. Can't possibly be good. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

Thread: Young kids covering 80s cheese. Can't possibly be good.

  1. #9


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Roxette a one hit wonder? They've sold like 60 million albums with 4 albums selling over 5 million copies. By these standards there are like a handful of artists that aren't one hit wonders (or that are even one hit wonders).
    Googled it. There's a few songs in there I didn't know we're theirs. A couple of those I thought were Heart or Bonnie Tyler.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Herndon, VA
    ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    There's a ton of bands out there channeling '80s pop-metal influences. My favorite at the moment is Beast in Black--partly because they see absolutely nothing wrong with mixing Survivor, Judas Priest and New Wave synths together. It's so fucked up, it's brilliant. Their new album sounds like an '80s release at first, but it's not something that actually could have been made in the '80s.

  4. #11


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Manhattan
    ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

    iTrader: 12 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    There's a ton of bands out there channeling '80s pop-metal influences. My favorite at the moment is Beast in Black--partly because they see absolutely nothing wrong with mixing Survivor, Judas Priest and New Wave synths together. It's so fucked up, it's brilliant. Their new album sounds like an '80s release at first, but it's not something that actually could have been made in the '80s.
    Yeah, the production and sounds are totally modern, as are the vocals, but the songs, instruments, and vibe are very "late 80s."
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #12


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Toronto On Canada
    ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    I just want music to have riffs that I can remember again. Most hair metal songs had these giant catchy riffs that you just knew the moment you heard it start.

    I can't really say "holy crap, do you like that new Archspire song that goes "blelaljalalalallaalalalweeheheheheheheheheelewooo oootatatatatatata!!!" (I love Archspire btw.)

  7. #13


    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Brit in Munich, Germany
    ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

    iTrader: 0

    Heh, funnily enough I was just gonna post about Dino Jelusić on here. Cause I was just in Zagreb, I asked a friend who'd lived there about local scene and this guy's name came up.



    What a monster vocalist. He just needs good tunes to sing. I always thought I'd overdosed on Zakk and played too many pinch harmonics, but then there's the Animal Drive guitarist "Keller"...

  8. #14


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Roxette a one hit wonder? They've sold like 60 million albums with 4 albums selling over 5 million copies. By these standards there are like a handful of artists that aren't one hit wonders (or that are even one hit wonders).
    There is no finer example of this than Jimi Hendrix.
    Noodles

    So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

  9. #15


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: NJ
    ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I just want music to have riffs that I can remember again. Most hair metal songs had these giant catchy riffs that you just knew the moment you heard it start.

    I can't really say "holy crap, do you like that new Archspire song that goes "blelaljalalalallaalalalweeheheheheheheheheelewooo oootatatatatatata!!!" (I love Archspire btw.)
    Yeah man. I agree 100% For me a great song is all about having a catchy riff

Similar Threads

  1. Getting young kids excited about music
    By distressed_romeo in forum Guitar: Theory & Playing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2018, 04:23 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2015, 02:42 PM
  3. Kids covering Forty Six & 2 by Tool
    By Bloody_Inferno in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 03:45 AM
  4. NGD: Who loves 80s shredders? Fred loves 80s shredders...
    By Fred in forum Guitar: Instrument Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 11:38 PM
  5. Music school kids covering Pantera
    By Chris in forum General Music Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge