Korn guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch jams "Blind" with Governor Mike Huckabee - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Korn guitarist Brian 'Head' Welch jams "Blind" with Governor Mike Huckabee

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Eh, the dude's a fruit loop but Korn is a pretty original and undeniably influential band. I have no idea how much of it he wrote (and don't really care to be honest) but their first few albums sounded like nothing else I'd ever heard before, and that's rare as hell in metal.
    If you followed the band at all, it's VERY evident he wrote the better stuff He left and they went to shit, he came back and they brought out an absolute banger.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

Quote Originally Posted by Blankplank View Post
    If you followed the band at all, it's VERY evident he wrote the better stuff He left and they went to shit, he came back and they brought out an absolute banger.
    I've not listened to anything new they've put out in almost a decade, I'd be interested to hear if they've done something worth listening to as they're the band that got me into guitar... Does the Jonathan Davis still do that annoying singing over 99% of the song thing he started doing in the later albums? That's the main thing that put me off, more than the mediocre songs, dude just won't shut up and let the songs breathe.

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

This is cool!

Brian gave me a copy of his solo project', Love & Death's disc when I met him a few years back, it's very evident he was a huge part of Korn's original sound/writing in the day.

Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    I've not listened to anything new they've put out in almost a decade, I'd be interested to hear if they've done something worth listening to as they're the band that got me into guitar... Does the Jonathan Davis still do that annoying singing over 99% of the song thing he started doing in the later albums? That's the main thing that put me off, more than the mediocre songs, dude just won't shut up and let the songs breathe.
    See for yourself buddy!

https://youtu.be/nq9j1qkj2Vc

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Mesa/Sunn

See for yourself buddy!

https://youtu.be/nq9j1qkj2Vc
    I didn't hate that, but yeah... could do with a bit less Jonathan Davis.

ME: Caparison/Maverick
    Rig: Axe FX>Matrix>Zilla's

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Eh, the dude's a fruit loop but Korn is a pretty original and undeniably influential band. I have no idea how much of it he wrote (and don't really care to be honest) but their first few albums sounded like nothing else I'd ever heard before, and that's rare as hell in metal.
    Blankplank and Iron1 beat me to it, but Love & Death totally proves Head wrote all of the good stuff
    I'm so metal I shit bats

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

...which, obviously, I have not.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Yup, you listen to any Korn between 2005 - 2012, it sounds nothing like their old shit. OTOH, you listen to Head's solo stuff and Love and Death, and it sounds like a more modern version of classic Korn. Then Head comes back and it's basically Love and Death but with Jon fronting the band.

Oh and Mike Huckabee sucks.