Dealing with reverb returns? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with reverb returns?

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

So Reverb sucks when it comes to seller protection. You won't get anywhere, but you should still try. I sold a Kramer, put like 50 pictures up, guy bought it no questions asked. He got it a few days later and requested a refund saying it wasn't the model I said it was. Kramers are fucking stupid when it comes to identifying them, and I had all sorts of documentation to justify my side, and all the guy had to do was say "nah, that isn't it." Reverb wouldn't take into account any of the research I did or provided. I had to give him his money back and resell it.

That was like 3 years ago, and I've been so sour I've only now listed a guitar with them again. Same old story, seller pays the fees, buyer fucks you right in the ass, Reverb watches and enjoys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

As an amazing end to the story, after reverb confirming that as it's outside of their 7 day policy, I got back to him stating I was refusing his refund and an explanation as to why.

4 hours later, i got a message saying he'd found the problem, and it wasn't my unit and that he was sorry for the inconvenience caused.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    As an amazing end to the story, after reverb confirming that as it's outside of their 7 day policy, I got back to him stating I was refusing his refund and an explanation as to why.

4 hours later, i got a message saying he'd found the problem, and it wasn't my unit and that he was sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Reverb can be fucking horrible. Worse than ebay actually.

It wasn't like that at the start, but as it got bigger it got hellish. For every good experience I've had two bad ones.

Once I sold a nice 80$ custom andonized aluminum explorer pickguard that I had mistakenly bought not knowing that the e2 pickguard is slightly different than the '76 style one never been used to some asshole in florida, he kept making me offers that were like, 7$. And eventually I was just like, "Fuck it, I'll just give this away to this douche."

So I ship it out and two weeks later this dude just starts bombarding me with emails about how it hasn't showed up, and I had cleverly cheated him out of his money. Keep in mind I actually lost money on the thing, since I only charged $5 shipping and it ended up being like, $12 to ship. But whatever.

So this dude is sending me message after message like it's DEFCON fucking whatever about how I had scammed him and I'm like, "Tracking says it's been delivered".

And he just starts ranting about how this was some ruse, a conspiracy I was in on with USPS. And I'm just like, "Dude, tracking says they left it on your deck".

So we have a back and forth for another like, day and a half, and finally I'm like, "Dude, check your deck again, USPS delivered it".

So he goes and checks his deck and is like, "Yeah, the pickguard is there."

Doesn't apologize, doesn't say thanks, fucking nothing. But he's like, "Now let's talk about buying this Jackson you have for sale."

I just told him to fuck off. Dude had the package sitting on his deck for like, a fucking week. Idiot.

A lot of people pull that shit. If you have multiple items listed for sale they will be reasonable about buying one, and then once they have paid for it, they will start making ridiculous low ball offers on another item you have. It's the most fucked up thing, but a lot of people on reverb do it. Basically they think that if they buy something you have cheap, then you have to accept their offer on the more expensive thing. Sometimes there is even the implied threat that they are withholding feedback until you agree to their ridiculous terms.

Reverb started off better than ebay, but it's been worse for quite a while now.

Also, they've ended one of my listings because of the language used within three separate times. One of them was actually a listing for said pickguard before florida douchebro bought it.

Also, another one that has happened on both ebay and reverb is someone international will be like, "How much for shipping international?" and I'll be like, "I'm not shipping international". So the same person will buy it with another account, using a fake address in the US, and then when I'm like, "Uh, excuse me, this isn't a real address" the same international dude I told specifically "I'm not shipping international" will respond in broken english, "How much is shipping international?".

That's if they are polite of course, other times they won't even create another account or they will try to get me to ship it international for the domestic price listed after they've won and paid. Supposedly ebay and reverb have tools/options for blocking international buyers when listing, but I've tried them, and they don't actually work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Authentic Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul
    MB: Les Paul
    Rig: Mini Rec

I have like 15 listings on Reverb right now so I hope I don't run into these horror stories

7DT glad it worked out