MG.Org Facebook page?
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MG.Org Facebook page?

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

MG.Org Facebook page?

With the diminishing amount of traffic here, and the increasing number of Facebook groups, it made me wonder if there's an MG.Org FB Page (haven't found one if there is) and if not, why not?
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Yeah traffic is going downhill since the last 24 months at least and much more noticeable on the last 12.

I use FB daily but I pretty much prefer Forums than the immediate and never to be seen again Info that FB groups bring. I search a lot in forums for info that once someone decided to share in great detail and we can never find it on a FB Group.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Crowdfund me a bunch of Warmoth bodies + necks and I will let all hell break loose

No but really I guess my inactivity can be because I focus a lot on my music productins behind closed curtains right now, so I'm not constantly uploading "does this mix sound like shit!???" threads, and I'm definitely not modding guitars like I used to.
    I don't have any drive to have my Youtube channel up and running either.

I even swapped pickups on one of my guitars (Irongear Steam Hammer swapped to a Duncan Invader) and it was purely because I wanted to get a different sound (with good success) but I had no drive to make comparison clips or brag about it online...
    That's just one example of recent activity that hasn't surfaced...

Back a couple of years and my glorious empire of superglue was reigning supreme, but times change!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Yeah traffic is going downhill since the last 24 months at least and much more noticeable on the last 12.

I use FB daily but I pretty much prefer Forums than the immediate and never to be seen again Info that FB groups bring. I search a lot in forums for info that once someone decided to share in great detail and we can never find it on a FB Group.
    Yeah, I definitely prefer this to FB, but the mobile interface sucks worse than than New Kids on the Block and I wouldn't be surprised if that has a lot to do with traffic declines. Message Boards/Forums in general are dying off, and I hate to think of this one going extinct, but man... #GhostTown

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka_Rollas View Post

I even swapped pickups on one of my guitars (Irongear Steam Hammer swapped to a Duncan Invader) and it was purely because I wanted to get a different sound (with good success) but I had no drive to make comparison clips or brag about it online...
    I'd have loved to hear that comp. Totally off-topic, but do that.

Also double Yeah.. sometimes I try to browse the Forum on my cell phone and quit it right away... I can't understand on how anyone can browse anything using a freaking phone... Its ads on top of ads to show you more ads. I have NONE of that shit on the Desktop... but I can't seem to find an effective Ad Blocker that really works for Mobile, so I basically do all of my browsing on a Desktop and use my Phone to just check FB from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Also double Yeah.. sometimes I try to browse the Forum on my cell phone and quit it right away... I can't understand on how anyone can browse anything using a freaking phone... Its ads on top of ads to show you more ads. I have NONE of that shit on the Desktop... but I can't seem to find an effective Ad Blocker that really works for Mobile, so I basically do all of my browsing on a Desktop and use my Phone to just check FB from time to time.
    Yeah, totally sucktacular. You really, really have to want to access the boards to go through the mobile view.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

MG need to get themselves on Gab, that's where all the cool kids are.
    Argbadh - RHLC©