WALK - What Makes This Song Great?
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WALK - What Makes This Song Great?

WALK - What Makes This Song Great?

Ricky finally did a Pantera video

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Definitely not the guitar tone.

I love how Dime managed to get a guitar so heavy like that. In fact it was the heaviness and tone of the guitar that attracted me to Pantera back then. But.. I pretty much prefer the guitar tones of the early 90s to what is done now.. were everybody sounds the same.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    I love how Dime managed to get a guitar so heavy like that. In fact it was the heaviness and tone of the guitar that attracted me to Pantera back then. But.. I pretty much prefer the guitar tones of the early 90s to what is done now.. were everybody sounds the same.
    I agree. It used to be that as long as it ripped it was cool. It is weird to me to watch things change from a era where you tried to look and sound different , to morph into one where they wear the same cloths/uniform, and critique anyone who trys to use equipment to create music that doesnt sound like the 3-4 standards considered as good tone. If we where painters would we dictate a color pallet that is the only one to be used? I would think the guy that said fuck that shit was a cool MFr.

Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Definitely not the guitar tone.
    Hipster opinion exposed

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    It is weird to me to watch things change from a era where you tried to look and sound different , to morph into one where they wear the same cloths/uniform, and critique anyone who trys to use equipment to create music that doesnt sound like the 3-4 standards considered as good tone.
    Nah, it's eternal. Back in the '80s, most of the hair bands looked and sounded the same. No wonder, since it was the exact same hot-rodded Marshall Plexi from SIR that was used on all those records, not to mention the same set of studio musicians who ghosted on all of them! The '80s thrashers lived in a pretty small and judgmental space, too.

Back then, the metal fans/bands were only a slightly lower degree of narrow-minded asshole than the punkers. I know, because I was one of them.

Slayer sounded nothing like Metallica that sounded nothing like Anthrax that sounded nothing like Megadeth that sounded nothing like Exodus and so on and so on.

Today almost all bands have almost the same sounding guitars, its seems like they are all using the same Amp with the same settings and same mics placements. Ohh and may the Metal Gods forbid scooped Mids... thats total Blasphemy and a rule for a style that said fuck off all rules.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

From Kings X to Pantera to Metallica there where differences. I thought it was great when King's x came out everyone raved about the tone and he kept his amp a secret for a long time then when they found out what it was you could see their faces drop LOL