Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like?

ME: Dean RC7, RG8527
    MB: Warwick Corvette $$

I bought my Rusty Cooley RC7 second hand from a guy who had lessons with Cooley, who bought the guitar directly from him and had it signed.

So I have an actual *signed* signature model which became my favourite guitar, from someone I have never heard a song from outside of instruction vids.
    THRAEΘL
    Sci-Fi prog metal from Space.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by BMU View Post
    So I have an actual *signed* signature model which became my favourite guitar, from someone I have never heard a song from outside of instruction vids.
    Assuming you are old enough to remember the sound of a dial-up modem, I think you just didn't realise that what you were hearing was actually a recording of a guitar...

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Bowes Nightbringer 7

My bud still has his koa Ibanez Reb Beach and he didn't even know who's sig it was when he took it off the rack.

I still have a 5150 block letter and Van Halen just doesn't do it for me. When that head came out, i couldn't figure out how the hell Eddie was the one to help create that monster. =

It's pretty cool to see more sig models out there. Sure they usually cost more but they almost always come with neat features or options that just dont' show up anywhere else.

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Yep, that's exactly why I like sig models. They generally try to be more visually unique and result in cooler guitars. This doubly so since I'm a big ESP fanboy and until recently, they had this tendency to do mostly black for everything, which bores me to tears. So if I wanted a guitar that wasn't black, a signature model it was.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Dean RC7, RG8527
    MB: Warwick Corvette $$

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Assuming you are old enough to remember the sound of a dial-up modem, I think you just didn't realise that what you were hearing was actually a recording of a guitar...
    Brutal. (Yes I remember that sound well.) I have huge respect for Mr Cooley's playing chops, just for the record.

I tend to go for sig models too. They're interesting. Universe, Loomis, Stef Carpenter... oh oh that's another one! Cool guitar, but I've never sat through an entire Deftones song.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I would love to have the Ibanes Tom Qual model, and I dont listen to that type of music.. I dont like it when shred is played over elevator music, and nothing really stands out to remember, that type of "jam over a lame backing track" thing makes alot of boring/similar guitarists.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbass man View Post
    I don't believe it's a sig but I think I remember it debuting on a Mick Thomson model. Probably wrong though.
    Yeah, it isn't a signature model.
    Writer/Artist with Seymour Duncan
    My Gear & Music Pages