Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like?

ME: 80s Carruthers strat
    MA: 90's era Fender 12 string
    MB: Ibanez ATK300 (MIK)
    Rig: Danelectro Honeytone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I have two Petruccis and I haven't liked anything DT has done in around 10 years, if that counts.

I've also never heard anything by this dude or his bands, but I've always wanted a Zoltan Bathory sig.

I echo these sentiments, although my Petrucci was an SBMM. Also, The SC607B had the Most comfortable neck of any 7 string I've owned, but I can't claim to like his music at all.
    "40 is the new 80." - jaxadam

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

I own an Alexi-600 even though I've heard like, two CoB songs ever. It's just a cool guitar. I also own a LTD DV8 and a Snakebyte, and while I love Megadeth and Metallica, I didn't buy those guitars because they were Mustaine and Hetfield signatures (I bought them because Lee Altus of Exodus plays/played them ).
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: PRS
    Rig: JCM800

Can't name a jeff beck song but I've had a few JB's in my time

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

No issue with DEP but I don't really listen to them. Ben's sig is a pretty interesting guitar tho

Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Can't name a jeff beck song but I've had a few JB's in my time
    I was going to say that, but it's just asking for trouble, since there is a big split on whether the JB stands for "Jeff Beck" or not with people with militant opinions on both sides.

Companies actually use popular artists initials and claim it stands for something else fairly often. There are a lot of companies who have used "VH" to sell products and then claim it's not a reference to Van Halen as well. Bare Knuckle has the "Vintage Hot" pickups to name one. Ampegs VH series (VH-140c, etc.) came out at a time when Van Halen endorsed amps were just hitting the market, no clue what they claim it stands for, even though I own one, but stuff like that happens fairly regularly.

If you browse the Seymour Duncan forum there are a shit ton of threads on the origin of "JB".

https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/...3-JB-Jeff-Beck

I believe the general consensus amongst Seymour Duncan historians and SD's "official position" is it doesn't stand for "Jeff Beck". But once again, murky history.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

I'm in the same boat - I own a PWH, but while I respect the hell out of Vai, I don't listen to his music very often.

Other than that... Isn't the Duncan Sentient someone's sig model? Great neck humbucker, either way. And I suppose the Suhr ML Standard is technically a Michael Landau signature model, though they don't make a big deal about it anymore and I barely have heard any of his music.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

The Schecter PTs (their tele models) were originally made in the '80s for Pete Townsend, as far as initialed gear goes.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If your Pazuzu guitar was a sig I'd absolutely have picked one up by now.
    The neck profile is basically an 80s Jem.

I'd have liked it to be a sig, as I would have then managed to get a backup for it