Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like?
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like?

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Who else has sig gear by an artist they don't care about or like?

So, I own a few Jems, a lot of universes, and have recently bought a Jemini pedal (well, it hasn't shipped yet, so hopefully the seller doesn't flake)

Thing is, I couldn't care less about Steve Vai. I just happen to really like his signature guitars (well, the neons ones, and universes, and interesting ones).

So, who else has signature gear by artists for the reason they liked the gear? Now, It doesn't count if you bought it because of the artist connection, or if you like the artist.

Looking for stories of signature gear when you just couldn't give a shit about the artist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Given that you played mine and bought one, obviously the MTM2 was a solid guitar regardless of ol' Mickey T. Same when I briefly had a Jackson deal and got the COW 6 as well, pretty solid for what it was.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

My story doesn't really count, because I don't actually own a sig: I love the Ibanez JS-series, although I've never liked Satriani's music. So I basically bought my R540 because it's like a HSS JS-model.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

You've owned at least one of the Korn sigs too, James
    I'm so metal I shit bats

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

As for me, Stef Carpenter. There's maybe 3 or 4 Deftones songs I like, the rest I absolutely hate. But I've owned an SC607, still own an SC600 and the SC500 is definitely still on my "white whale" list.

I've also owned 4 Universes. While I don't mind some of Vai's music, an awful lot of it leaves me cold. I still own that Maverick too, which is allegedly a signature model of some long-forgotten British shredder. Shows how much of a shit I give about him if I can't remember his name.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

I have two Petruccis and I haven't liked anything DT has done in around 10 years, if that counts.

I've also never heard anything by this dude or his bands, but I've always wanted a Zoltan Bathory sig.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You've owned at least one of the Korn sigs too, James
    I never liked the K7 because of that stupid ass inlay but I'd still like to own a U-bar.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've also owned 4 Universes. While I don't mind some of Vai's music, an awful lot of it leaves me cold. I still own that Maverick too, which is allegedly a signature model of some long-forgotten British shredder. Shows how much of a shit I give about him if I can't remember his name.
    I will wager you some british things, like three packs of crisps, some sticky toffee pudding and a pint of Fuller's that DJ-Jeff will know who the Maverick guy is.

ME: ESP Ltd EC401 FR w/J
    Rig: Bugera 333XL

I own a pair of EMG JH set pickups. Bought them because they were on sale at guitar center for $100 and figured what the hell.