Have you ever re-recorded stuff later?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever re-recorded stuff later?

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Have you ever re-recorded stuff later?

I have released like 18 albums (different projects/bands) or so since 2011 and there' so much GARBAGE there!!!!
    And the productions are of course DIYd and completely CRAP most of the time!!!!!
    And my own vocals for example is complete SHIT!!!!

But there ARE some really good songs scattered throughout and I wanna START OVER and redo the best songs, while of course also write a bunch new songs, and make ONE REALLY STELLAR ALBUM instead.
    Hire a REALLY GOOD pro singer to re-sing the songs to make them reach the full potential.
    Let some body professional mix and master it and make sure it sounds like it should have done from the beginning.

In the process also re-write some stupid lyric lines and maybe change a little arrangements etc etc.

"Rocka Rollas" is A CRAP FUCKING STUPID ASS SUCKING NAME too. I fucking hate it. I don't know why I went that rout!! ! Gues I was drunk!!!!
    It doesn't fit the music AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Anybody has else done this on this forum?

Or do you have any suggestions for bands that has released lots of CRAP and then got their shit together and re-did most good songs for a complete overhaul of their own band? Maybe even changing their name in the process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Ive re recorded songs that I liked previously but with more know how on production to just hear how they sound.

If I were you I would just focus on new material seeing you seem to be fairly prolific at coming up with stuff, the previous songs/albums are a picture in time of where you were at that point so I wouldnt go back and fuck with them.

But the idea is also to seek for a huger label, and make a fresh start

That way I would still reach a whole new audience who hanve't heard my old material (out of which a few songs which STILL holds up very welöl)

I HAVE been approached by a big label (not naming which one!) who wanted to sign one of my bands but I can't really say yes because I couldn't find any good drummer or singer... And they want me to be able to TOUR which is impossible without serious musicians...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

The guitairst Tommy Johansson from Sabaton/ex-Reinxeed did something almost like this

He rebranded Reinxeed into MAJESTICA and he got HELLOWEENS fucking drummer from the label to join the band

I wanna do that too1'!!!!!

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

We all overanalyze our own stuff to a degree that no normal listener ever will, even snobby musicians.

I think your band name is cool dude. And I've listened to your old stuff - I think the mix is fine, the songs are awesome, and the vocals that you've posted on here are pretty badass too. I would be on cloud nine if my best recording sounded as good as your worst.

Stop worrying about it and rip it up.

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

A lot of times, for me at least, when a band re-records old songs they lose something. There's just a quality to the raw/improperly mixed/polished stuff that gives the band character. I'd vote you just move on and do new stuff. And, congrats on the label offer - I'm sure there are drummers and singers out there that will take notice if they hear label and tour.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

I'm in the middle of re-recording parts for a bunch of my older recordings. A lot of it just replacing really bad drum machine parts with Jamstix compositions. Other things are replacing bad piano/synth stuff and re-doing rhythm guitar parts that were badly recorded. The lead guitar parts I'm mostly keeping regardless of how they were recorded, as that's the "voice" of my music and should stay constant.