Ted Nugent ranks his guitar playing, manages to look more clueless than usual - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent ranks his guitar playing, manages to look more clueless than usual

ME: 1984 Warlock NJ
    Rig: 6505+

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I mean, the main one is there are a LOT of influential guitar players. I don't recall anyone talking about how hearing "Stranglehold" changed their perception of what could be done with a guitar, you know?
    That's a good reason man! I'm just to high to think of any for myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Luafcm View Post
    That's a good reason man! I'm just to high to think of any for myself.
    Don't tell Ted!
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by RGhoarder View Post
    "Canada is absolutely crazy" for its decision to legalize marijuana, explaining that he has "never seen one moment of positive outcome from someone getting high."

Well, I beat anorexia and got a good night sleep last night..
    didn't they just pass something that says you can carry a Kilo with you for personal use if you use more than 100 grams a day.

100 grams.

A day.

3.5 ounces.

PER DAY.

for personal use.
    Spoiler
    Jesus dies at the end....

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Ted is just afraid of the drugs, he's afraid an ayahuasca trip might lead him to the drug fueled revelation that the real reason he's not in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is not the result of a sinister anti conservative conspiracy, but rather the result of even his best material being extremely mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

That being said, his live album "Instensities in 100 Cities" does rank in the, "Top 100 Horrible Pun Based Album Titles of All Time" list.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

His macho posturing is also a little damaged by the fact his manly hands can't even handle short scale guitars, and the only thing he can play is Gibson Byrdlands, which have a 23.5" scale.

His strong conservative man hands can only handle child sized guitars.

His AR-15 stockpile is probably full of custom ordered child sized ones too. It's tough when you have to spend your whole life making up for your tiny hands and the fact you dodged the vietnam draft.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Luafcm View Post
    I think that Ted seems to have a healthy opinion about drug abuse. He also sounds like he could use to smoke a big joint and chill the f out.
    I can't think of any arguments why the wouldn't be in top 100 influential guitar players, but realistically the top 100 guitar player are likely not famous enough for anyone to know their names outside their communities.
    Putting aside the fact that he's a massive douchebag and all around piece of shit human being... What has he done that's influential? He has one good song, Stranglehold. Everything else in his catalog is trash. Cat Scratch Fever made money because it was a stripper anthem in the 80s. Only assholes like Wango Tango.

I've never heard a single person in my nearly 30 years playing guitar that cites Nugent as an influence.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Also while I don't smoke the devil's lettuce I don't give a fuck if anyone else does as long as they don't drive. I would like to see stricter penalties and a more cut-and-dry way for police officers to stop and arrest stoned people behind the wheel though.

It's not as simple as an alcohol-related DUI and every bit as dangerous, so I'm somewhat anti-legalization recreationally until (whoever) figures out how police can enforce it. I say that as a cyclist, a husband and a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's not as simple as an alcohol-related DUI and every bit as dangerous, so I'm somewhat anti-legalization recreationally until (whoever) figures out how police can enforce it. I say that as a cyclist, a husband and a parent.
    To test for jazz cabbage consumption, your car is outfitted with a bag of Doritos. If the bag is untouched, you probably didn't imbibe.