Ted Nugent ranks his guitar playing, manages to look more clueless than usual - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ted Nugent ranks his guitar playing, manages to look more clueless than usual

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Also, Ted's stance against weed would have been more credible if he hadn't spent the sentences immediately before it explaining that the fact that there are more firearm related deaths in America compared to other countries is definitely not related to the fact that firearms are much, much easier to acquire compared to other countries.

Transitioning to "the evils of marijuana" immediately after "all of these firearm deaths are a small price to pay for my right to own assault rifles" is a bad look.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

As a Ted Nugent admirer, I'll admit that I don't love everything he does. But he has a style and a sound and he was playing loud, bluesy rock to packed stadiums when a lot of guys who pride themselves on playing 500 notes in two fucking bars were shitting themselves.

Because a person who dislikes him knows no one who counts Nugent as an influence does not mean he influenced no one.

I believe he is a guitarist of note and I believe that there are many in the "industry" who dislike him in spite of his talent because they can't get past his beliefs.
    Last edited by Assault Bacon; 07-06-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Words I didn't say hurt my feelers... but this is my safe space.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Assault Bacon View Post
    As a Ted Nugent admirer, I'll admit that I don't love everything he does. But he has a style and a sound and he was playing loud, bluesy rock to packed stadiums when a lot of guys who pride themselves on playing 500 notes in two fucking bars were shitting themselves.

Because a person who dislikes him knows no one who counts Nugent as an influence does not mean he influenced no one.

I believe he is a guitarist of note and I believe that there are many in the "industry" who dislike him in spite of his talent because they can't get past his beliefs.
    Or maybe people just can’t get behind a loud mouthed pedophile who wrote one decent song in his entire career.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

I love how people always equate talent with the side of the gigs. By that measure, Taylor Swift is more talented than practically any living musician.

Ted sucks. Even if he wasn’t a miserable human being, he is absolutely nothing special as a guitarist.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Ted Nugent

PROS
    -Packs Stadiums when other people were allegedly shitting themselves
    -Song titles are so disgusting they can be used to induce dry heaving if you accidentally swallowed poison.

CONS
    -Is ultra racist even by 2019 standards. Called a black man a "subhuman mongrel".
    -Is a pedophile.
    -Has at least two songs about pedophilia per album. (Seriously, I remember reading a Guitar World interview when "Love Grenades" came about, and beyond the cover being gross, he was talking about tastefully titled tracks like "Girl Scout Cookies" and "Bridge Over Troubled Daughters)
    -Draft Dodger.
    -Is pro-apartheid.
    -Plays guitars made by Ed Roman.
    -Is such a reprehensible person he actually makes the GOP look bad with his endorsements, which they for some reason accept from an openly racist pedophile.

That last one is definitely the clincher. Because the GOP is already the bottom of the barrel. You can't get more bottom of the barrel then that. But Ted Nugent is beyond that. Ted Nugent is lower than bottom of the barrel. Ted Nugent is so bottom of the barrel it's like you found out the earth was hollow and full of barrels located at depths hithertoo unseen.

Ted Nugent makes Catholic Priests look good.

Ted Nugent is so racist that Quentin Tarantino tried to use some of his quotations over the years in a script, and even he found them too over the top.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him worthless though. His existence is useful evidence disproving the existence of a benevolent god.

His creepy little soul patch has its own entry on the Sex Offenders Registry. Fun fact.

He doesn't even have a genre. His sound is unique. It sounds like a band of inbreds trying to play Def Leppard.

ME: Explorer Custom

Jesus, Greg. Don't hold back, bro. Tell us how you really feel. Change your title to "Hates Richie Kotzen AND Ted Nugent" while you're at it.

Edit: not defending the Nuge, btw. I thought my dislike of him was personal, but it's nice to know that I'm among friends here.
    Last edited by d8200; 07-07-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Location: Ybor City, FL, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
    ME: Ibanez RG90 & RG9
    MA: Ibanez RA100
    MB: Ibanez BTB7E & BTB7F
    Rig: Custom Built PC

"I know more about guitar playing than anyone you've ever met"

-Donald Trump

Wait... who are we talking about right now?

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

Also, he ruins every single song he plays live by extending them out to 10-20 minutes so he can noodle all over them. I went to see him a few years back, and he took 20 MINUTES to finally get to the first song, inbetween jamming on the national anthem and then just regular jamming. I waited to hear Free-For-All, which he thankfully didn't mercilessly beat to death with his guitar, and then left. Ted Nugent does not perform for you, the audience, he performs for himself. You pay for the privilege of watching him indulge himself for two hours, basically.

At least Blue Oyster Cult were good that night, fuck.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate