Klone... forgot about these guys for a hot minute. This is so good IMO.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Klone... forgot about these guys for a hot minute. This is so good IMO....

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Takes some balls to play a 7 minute art rock song in front of a festival audience. Fantastic performance, too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Parker Fly Mojo
    Rig: Orange OR50

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Takes some balls to play a 7 minute art rock song in front of a festival audience. Fantastic performance, too.

Yann is so on point live it's ridiculous, I don't think I've ever heard him sing a wrong note.
    Also I just realised that the first time I heard of these guys was when I was looking into bands playing at Hellfest... in 2007. Now I feel old!
    www.facebook.com/theconstruct
    Post metal, for fans of ISIS, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Gojira etc

ME: Blackmachine
    Rig: Helix/Matrix/Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Ror3h View Post
    Yann is so on point live it's ridiculous, I don't think I've ever heard him sing a wrong note.
    Also I just realised that the first time I heard of these guys was when I was looking into bands playing at Hellfest... in 2007. Now I feel old!
    I mean, it makes the band a fuck load older surely?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ror3h View Post
    You know these guys, right? Who's the drummer in that live vid? Doesn't look at all like the guy on their website.

ME: Parker Fly Mojo
    Rig: Orange OR50

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You know these guys, right? Who's the drummer in that live vid? Doesn't look at all like the guy on their website.
    Yeah the drummer that I know isn't playing with them at the moment. Flo Marcadet has been their drummer for a long time (since before I saw them 12 years ago) and he plays with a few other bands based out of Poitiers. I think he has quietly left Klone from what I can gather, he moved to nothern France a couple of years ago. He's been really busy touring a lot with Carpenter Brut , and also plays with Hacride and Step In Fluid. The guys in Klone just haven't been active enough in the past few years for him to make a living playing with them, which is a real shame IMO as he really brings a lot to the sound of Klone. He's a wicked drummer though so I can see why it makes sense for him to tour more often, gotta pay the bills!

I like both the studio guy and the guy in the live vid. Did some googling, dude at Hellfest is this guy:

https://www.instagram.com/martinweilldrums/