SANCTUARY - Die For My Sins. Headbangers Open Air 2019
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SANCTUARY - Die For My Sins. Headbangers Open Air 2019

SANCTUARY - Die For My Sins. Headbangers Open Air 2019

Its not Warrel (or supposed to be) but damn... that's some really amazing vocal range there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

He can belt it out for sure, and I liked that guitar solo too, he didnt play 5 minutes he ripped and got back to the song.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

He’s really good, but he sounds like a dozen other power metal singers. Warrel was so unique, and it just doesn’t work without him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    He’s really good, but he sounds like a dozen other power metal singers. Warrel was so unique, and it just doesn’t work without him.
    Well Warren sounded almost like King Diamond initially and that led him to fuck up his voice (among other things). Yes its not the same and it will never be but the Band still exists, they have 3 amazing Albums to pick songs from and people are willing to pay to see them live, so why not continue? Imagine if AC/DC had stopped because their vocalist died.

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Well after seeing this, im glad i didnt bother to see them a few weeks back. The singer is ok but it still sounds like they are downtuning. I understand why they were downtuning with Warrel but why do it now when you have someone with that upper register?

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Well Warren sounded almost like King Diamond initially and that led him to fuck up his voice (among other things). Yes its not the same and it will never be but the Band still exists, they have 3 amazing Albums to pick songs from and people are willing to pay to see them live, so why not continue? Imagine if AC/DC had stopped because their vocalist died.
    Where did I say that the band shouldn't have continued on without Warrel? They're musicians trying to make a living, they absolutely should continue on if that's what they want to do. Just because I have no desire to see them without Warrel doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by mpexus View Post
    Well Warren sounded almost like King Diamond initially
    Not really, no - other that being an extremely high falsetto. Certainly he did not sound like KD live, and the layering on "Refuge" was Mustaine's idea, not the bands'.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Where did I say that the band shouldn't have continued on without Warrel? They're musicians trying to make a living, they absolutely should continue on if that's what they want to do. Just because I have no desire to see them without Warrel doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.
    More power to them, and if they make a studio album I'll likely buy it. I have little desire to see a Journey-style "greatest hits" show w/o Warrel.