2hr 20m Rich Ward interview (probably only me and Lozek care, but...)

Thread: 2hr 20m Rich Ward interview (probably only me and Lozek care, but...)

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

2hr 20m Rich Ward interview (probably only me and Lozek care, but...)

I'm about an hour in and this is great so far, discusses the whole history of all his bands/projects

www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

I love listening to/watching in-depth artist interviews, even if I'm not familiar with the subject, so I'll probably check this out. As I said the other week, I remember enjoying Stuck Mojo's Pigwalk. I've been having a lot of fun lately YouTubing albums I've heard of and never got around to listening too, so his could well end up on my playlist.

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Cheers Mattayus, will listen to this while I get through my first day back at work after a holiday. Did you ever get the Mojo DVD? Wondering if there will be a crossover with some of the stories that he and Frank narrated on that one.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom

Finished listening, literally no cross-over with the DVD at all just two hours of honesty and insight, I vaguely spent a little bit of time with him in the first Re-Union/Solo Record/Second marriage/Grass mowing era and the one thing I know is that he can talk for hours.

There's so many things in here that i can relate to, being in your 20's and 'knowing' that you know better than everyone else, wanting to be the captain of the ship and control every aspect to the point where no-one else can do anything and resenting them for it, controlling your excitement on the cycle of opportunity/disappointment, watching other bands breeze past you with seemingly no effort put in, doing things for the love of doing them, being forced to do things outside of your comfort zone and struggling with the process only to be overwhelmed by the result . This should be required listening for anyone in a band who wants to reach a realistic place without going down the rabbit holes for themselves.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Stuck Mojo is the only nu metal band that made sense to me. An actual metal guitarist with an actual rapper out front. It's not really my thing, but they were really good at it.

Yet Limp fucking Bizkit was the band that got huge.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Les Paul

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Stuck Mojo is the only nu metal band that made sense to me. An actual metal guitarist with an actual rapper out front. It's not really my thing, but they were really good at it.

Yet Limp fucking Bizkit was the band that got huge.
    Wes Borland is a killer guitarist.