Jose Mangin and Rich Ward discuss 90's metal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Mangin and Rich Ward discuss 90's metal

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

Jose Mangin and Rich Ward discuss 90's metal

Following on from the other Rich Ward video I posted, this got suggested to me, and it's a great video, because 90's metal is what I grew up on.

www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

No Running Wild, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Rage or Grave Digger??

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

You're knocking it out of the park Mattayus. Can't disagree with any of the picks in here, I even found myself agreeing with Brose who I can't normally stand. All of Rich's picks were spot on with what was blowing my mind in the 90's and I loved the justification he put behind his choices, I don't think the first Korn record has held up that well but as a force of complete change at the time I can't argue with it.

I probably would have dropped one Pantera record and put in Burn my Eyes by Machine head, but then I've also just thought about Domination by Morbid Angel, I can see myself going down rabbit holes this afternoon trying to figure out what mine would be

Edit: My brain is now going 'But what about Strapping Young Lad? What about Carcass? What about At the Gates? Sepultura, Biohazard, The Almighty, Corrosion of Conformity, Crowbar' Aaaaagggghh

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

I was at a Six Feet Under show in Brooklyn to meet up with Ola. My friend kept on ordering Jack Daniels double shoots. They were putting them in plastic cups and filling them half way. Needless to say I was hammered after 5 of those and a few beers. I was standing close to the bar and Jose Mangin is right next to me. As soon as I saw him, I grabbed Jose by the neck and pulled him over. He was mid sentence talking to someone. He looking very annoyed yet concerned at the same time. Needless to say the conversation was short. And it turns out he was talking to Brian Slagel. Good thing I am way bigger than him or he would've kicked my ass. Lol

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Jose Mangin is enough reason for me not to watch this. Liquid Metal (satellite radio) is almost down right awful because of his input.

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Jose is like a modern version of Riki Rachtman, except Jose actually likes metal. He seems like a good dude but I can't tolerate his constant blathering on his radio show.

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Jose actually likes metal.

Yea thats debatable...

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Jose is like a modern version of Riki Rachtman, except Jose actually likes metal. He seems like a good dude but I can't tolerate his constant blathering on his radio show.
    Seeing him in person with his really high spiked mohawk and "metal outfit" is somewhat amusing. Its comical in a Bobcat Police Academy way. IMHO trying too hard