Snarky Puppy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 12

Thread: Snarky Puppy

  1. #1


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Snarky Puppy

    Prompted by the discussion with Mattayus regarding Jazz (Can't really put my finger on whether I would even call them Jazz), got into these guys via Adam Neely's channel. Absolutely addicted to this at the moment, the dynamics build from 04:00 behind the keyboard solo is the greatest thing ever.

    The most insane thing about this performance is the fact that the drummer is a last minute stand-in, he learned the music on the plane down the day before



  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2


    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

    iTrader: 0

    These guys are great. It's pretty much what happens when a bunch of young hungry session players get together and start a jam club.

  4. #3


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Kitchen/Laundry Room
    ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

    iTrader: 2 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Can't really put my finger on whether I would even call them Jazz
    I'd say they're a jam band with jazz elements.

    In the same vein, checkout Vulfpeck, KNOWER and Corey Wong. There's kind of a whole generation of guys with that mashup rock, R&B, funk and jazz jam shred thing going on and it's glorious.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: London, England
    ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I'd say they're a jam band with jazz elements.

    In the same vein, checkout Vulfpeck, KNOWER and Corey Wong. There's kind of a whole generation of guys with that mashup rock, R&B, funk and jazz jam shred thing going on and it's glorious.
    Thanks man, I'm discovering so much great music at the moment, probably the most excited and inspired I've been in a very long time. I'll give them all a listen and see what grabs me.

  7. #5


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Woodbridge, VA
    ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

    iTrader: 10 (100%)

    They're fantastic.

  8. #6


    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Location: Everett, Washington
    ME: Ibanez 540P
    MA: Ovation Celebrity CS257
    MB: Ibanez SRX2EX1
    Rig: BIAS FX

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    Thanks man, I'm discovering so much great music at the moment, probably the most excited and inspired I've been in a very long time. I'll give them all a listen and see what grabs me.
    Lemme add Tauk into that mix as well. Been huge fans of them for many years & they’re starting to blow up on the jam band circuit.

  9. #7


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Herndon, VA
    ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

    iTrader: 4 (100%)

    I need to check out more of their music. I like their mix of styles.

  10. #8


    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Australia
    ME: PRS SE CU24
    MA: Cole Clark FL2AC3-BB
    MB: MM Sterling Ray34
    Rig: AFX2/GT800FX/PPC412

    iTrader: 0

    1st album was great but i didnt really get into the lastest album. Shame, was looking forward to it for ages.

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge