New Ghost track: Chapter 8: Kiss The Go-Goat - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Ghost track: Chapter 8: Kiss The Go-Goat

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Yeah heavy for heavys sake I agree is just a waste of time now but that's what I'm getting at.

I guess what i mean is if i were to listen to the black metal version of lamb if god I'd be listening to dark funeral or something, but I dont, because they are boring as fuck and there are a million other more interesting black metal bands bit you need to go and find them.

I've not heard that klone band so that's more likely what I'm getting at (that or I'm just uninformed onthat type of sound) they arent getting marketed at you but they are just doing their thing and doing it well.

What you were describing is like billboard chart bands so it's not surprising to me you find them generic, they are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There are literally thousands of amazing bands out there playing amazing metal in every sub genre imaginable but they dont get the publicity utter bullshit like devildriver gets.
    Eh, "Pray for Villains" got me through a very dark couple months. Bullshit or not, I'll always love that album for giving me something to hang onto.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    There are literally thousands of amazing bands out there playing amazing metal in every sub genre imaginable but they dont get the publicity utter bullshit like devildriver gets.
    Eh, "Pray for Villains" got me through a very dark couple months. Bullshit or not, I'll always love that album for giving me something to hang onto.
    Fair enough, I suppose my original point was that you cant really say all bands with aggressive vocals have started to sound the same and then list devildriver and lamb of god as examples. As aside from guitar tone and production, they are essentially playing the same songs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Fair enough, I suppose my original point was that you cant really say all bands with aggressive vocals have started to sound the same and then list devildriver and lamb of god as examples. As aside from guitar tone and production, they are essentially playing the same songs.
    No, agreed, and I'm not posting to try to undercut your point, or anything - I just happen to like that disc quite a lot, for reasons that have only partly to do with the music.

(Without getting into it in depth, about 8 years ago I quit a job that was killing me and absolutely crushing me under stress, trying to do a job that originally had taken 2-3 people with no institutional support. When I decided I couldn't keep living like that, I was only a little over a month from year end bonuses paying, so I hung on for another month knowing it'd buy me several additional months of living experiences, and that was the album that I listened to on the way into work every morning to put myself into the sort of headspace where I thought I could deal with the incredibly toxic working environment I was in. It was a sort of outlet, that saved me from having to react myself, somehow, if that made any sense).

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

You read way too much into my statement to bolster your strawman, but I get your argument man.

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

I still like this band, good fun to listen to, and refreshing. Absolutely love "rats" as a soing

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    I still like this band, good fun to listen to, and refreshing. Absolutely love "rats" as a soing