3 reasons rock is DYING - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 reasons rock is DYING

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    over-inflammatory delivery (kind of Glenn Frickery) and click-bait title. And because he comes across as a cunt. In a hat.
    Yup. This is what youtube has become. Just look how douchy Pete Thorn has become with his thumbnails. Can you imagine hes a pro guitarists? Jesus christ man, those thumb nails are the equivalent of this

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

People have been saying "Rock is dying" for the better part of a century. Usually it's just code for, "I'm not as popular as I think I should be".

And then you always see guys like Roger Daltry or whatever being like, "The music industry is dying", completely ignoring the fact that it's perfectly regular for an industry to change over 50 years. The dudes who were big in the 1920s also looked at the music industry of Roger Daltry's day and thought, "the music industry is dying".

It's just pearl clutching, it's like the door to door milk man being like, "THE DOOR TO DOOR MILK INDUSTRY IS DYING" because of the advent of refrigeration.

I mean, the fact that huge quantities of people can't get filthy rich doing the same stupid dress up shit as Led Zeppelin isn't exactly an indication that Rock is dying. In fact, some would argue that's societal progress.

Besides, as a "punk" this dude should really know better. The original "punk" movement was based around the idea that rock is dead and the excesses of 70s Rock Bands were dumb as shit. And then the "Punk" movement died like, 2-3 years after it was born, and the "punk rock" movement which combined the stupidest ideas of the original punk movement and the 70s rock excess they were supposed to be antithetical to emerged.

Half the shit about "rock is dying" is just decrepit superstars or yore bitching about any element of DIY ethos entering the musical ecosystem. They are absolutely outraged that you can't just skate by and have like, personal assistants and riders, and you can just enter the studio and hit a few chords and you have engineers and producers doing everything for you and become a star. I don't necessarily like many of the musical trends or attitudes that have replaced Rock as the nadir of popularity, but I'm also firmly committed to the idea of DIY. It's not exactly hard to see when "Rock is dead" is actually just dudes balking at the idea that they might have to DIY something. Which is one thing for dudes who think they are Led Zeppelin, but people who think they are "punk" to any extent should really know better.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Screw you guys this guy has a HAT BECAUSE HE KNOWS SHIT

You just dont wanna admit Iron Maiden will be gone in 10 years from now and what band after that will carry the torch... GRETA VAN FLEET!?!?

BOW BEFORE THE ALMIGHTY NYxHC GUY IN A HAT!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by schreckmusic View Post
    Yup. This is what youtube has become. Just look how douchy Pete Thorn has become with his thumbnails. Can you imagine hes a pro guitarists? Jesus christ man, those thumb nails are the equivalent of this

That didn't seem like a proportional response.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Solar A1.6ET

You know I'm joking around

And I MAY BE SMART, BUT I'M ALSO FUCKING STUPID!

And haven't I been wrong before

Maybe this video is wrong

I was caught up by it

I'm easily impressed

Maybe I'm wrong

MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE WRONG

WHO KNOWS

Maybe nobody knows

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

As much as I think that "the grass was definitely greener in the good old days of yore" I'm also not stupid enough to realize that bitching "I am outraged I can't make a great living having fun" is the epitome of first world problems.

If you air drop anyone who says, "Rock is dead" into famine stricken Ethiopia, I guarantee they would glean some valuable perspective from the experience.

When "Punks" say "Rock is dead", it's like, "Do you not understand what DIY means? It means if you want something to happen, you should make it happen yourself." Seeing "punks" bitch about the exact climate of modern society not catering to their whims is ridiculous. Fucking poseurs.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

I can remember hearing people say "rock is dead" and "rock is dying" for the past 25 or so years (I know they've been saying it longer than that, but that's when I personally first heard it). Guess what? Rock's still around.

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    If you air drop anyone who says, "Rock is dead" into famine stricken Ethiopia, I guarantee they would glean some valuable perspective from the experience.