Metal Guitarist Forums banner

HAARP Machine live

7K views 64 replies 27 participants last post by  Randy 
#1 ·
So to speak. :lol:

Al Mu'Min's review:

that was rough

either way i'm glad it's done and i've got something to work on. learning how to sing and scream in 6 months was no easy task but it did feel good on Friday's rehearsal but man... with the hours i put into my day job to cover all the expenses these last few weeks + lack of sleep my body caught up with me and i developed a scratchy infection in my throat (pharyngitis) + the tech issues + no soundcheck... c'est la vie.

i'll keep going + it'll get better.

P.S. if you've got more clips please put them up for review.

#18 ·
No, I think that was Rings of Saturn. This is the band where he recorded all his parts in half time and sped them up. It's also the band that was famously awful live on their first tour (guitarist/writer famously unable to play his own parts). It's also the band that is the one guy (currently singing) that keeps hiring full bands of hired guns who keep simultaneously quitting on him. It's also the band that's been teasing new music every few months for the last seven years.

#42 ·
The best part of CoB was always Roope. It was always kind of an awesome heartwarming story that Alexei had started a band and got one of his childhood heroes in the other guitar spot. Stone isn't super big in the US compared to Scandinavia, but it was cool to see him still out there having fun with an entirely different generation.

It wasn't poser shit like Machine Head either. Where some legit 80s thrash guys went on to write poser music. CoB wasn't my absolute favorite style of music, but they had a lot of fun songs and were a legit ripping band on a ton of levels, even if I wasn't crazy about their direction on some of the later stuff.

I also like his playing better than Alexei's. Alexei is a sick player, but we already have Yngwie, so I'm not that crazy on his style. Roope is a ripper.

Pretty much single handidly responsible the absolutely massive Jackson fanbase in many parts of Scandinavia too. Roope is the reason that a lot of the most bitching US Jacksons from the 80s end up in Scandinavia. People associate that style of Rhoads more with Alexei now, but the only reason he played them in the first place is because Roope played Rhoads like that in Stone. The dude has great taste in guitars and tones and is funny as fuck.

That dude is a blast too. He's like the Scandinavian Chris Holmes with his shit slightly more together. I love watching his interviews.

#48 ·
:bump:

Just get in about 2 minutes :lol:
Holy shit, I started howling with laughter at the 2:00 mark! :lol:

Almost as funny is the point at 10:15 where he all but compares himself to Freddie Mercury.

If he practiced, he'd be a reasonably good singer for quieter music, but there's no way his voice will be able to do metal. You can hear him straining on everything in that video. Assuming his "band" actually gets gigs, he'll blow out his voice in a matter of weeks.

The best part of CoB was always Roope. It was always kind of an awesome heartwarming story that Alexei had started a band and got one of his childhood heroes in the other guitar spot. Stone isn't super big in the US compared to Scandinavia, but it was cool to see him still out there having fun with an entirely different generation.
Alexi and Roope first worked together in Sinergy, which was a far better band than CoB--mainly because I'd much rather listen to Alexi's ex-wife try to be a metal singer than listen to the gargling nonsense that emanates from Alexei's throat. Kim Goss actually became a pretty decent metal singer by the last Sinergy album. It's a shame they broke up and cancelled the fourth album.

#45 ·
The guy is fucking pathological. The part that absolutely DESTROYED me (other than his terrible singing) is him saying that the biggest issue getting another vocalist was finding a singer "in the scene" that can pull it off. Bruh, there are fucking hundreds of singers that can pull off the material, it's that you can't find anyone can, and also needs the gig enough to put up with a fucking twat like you. Come the fuck on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.