Quiet Riot attempt to sweep "Worst of 2019" Awards with New Album
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet Riot attempt to sweep "Worst of 2019" Awards with New Album

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quiet Riot attempt to sweep "Worst of 2019" Awards with New Album

This is one of the most glorious trainwrecks I've ever heard.

The extremely enthusiastic *pitch perfect* lower voices in the "harmonized" gang vocal/backing vocal sections are what really make it.

Definitely the trvest demo recording of 2019 though. None of these black metal bands releasing albums that purposefully sound like demos have anything on Quiet Riot.

I have no idea why they thought attempting "Mr. Brownstone" style doubled up vocals on everything was a good idea. And I have no idea how a band whose only kinda of close to original member left is the drummer managed to somehow fuck up even the drum tracks by making them sound poorly programmed.

That drumtrack sounds like a down on its luck ~2001 drum machine that handed in its two week notice shortly before hitting record.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I don't hate the production. The writing is shitty and the singer is shittier. Riffs are okay but they're buried and they're few and far between.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I don't hate the production. The writing is shitty and the singer is shittier. Riffs are okay but they're buried and they're few and far between.
    I like how in the press release for the album the drummer is like, "We hired Glenn Hughes to write some lyrics so the lyrics are top notch."

And then the first line is seriously, "Too much is never enough, baby I can't give you up" and it only gets worse from there and goes on to hit every single groan worthy glam metal cliche.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Cliche I could live with. This album could just be Metal Health transposed into 6 different keys and I'd be fine with it. Cliche AND poorly performed is like... oh no no.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Fuck, the singer sounds like some 80's b-or-c-list hair metal band but I can't put my finger on which one it is. Enuff Z'Nuff maybe?

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

The singer's name is "Jizzy Pearl"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizzy_Pearl

And how is Frankie Banali on this rubbish? He's fucking awesome, he can't possibly need this paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

And how is Frankie Banali on this rubbish? He's fucking awesome, he can't possibly need this paycheck.
    Frank Banali is apparently the driving force behind "this rubbish".

I want to say it sounds like they just outsourced everything to a really bad Quiet Riot Cover band in a third world country and gave them instructions to do a particularly unkind parody, but that would be too complimentary.

They could have immediately improved it by not having the weird lower voice singing along with Jizzy Pearl all the time.

The best part in "Heart Break City" which kind of has a lurching anthemic "at the precipice of completely falling apart " appeal is 3:15. Where you have to check for three minutes what other tab is playing audio over this terrible Quiet Riot track and then it's like, "Oh wait, that's supposed to be a solo overdub." It sounds like they just sloppily copy and pasted a solo from a completely different song. It just sounds like some dude walked into the rehearsal room and didn't know anyone was recorded and started warming up and tuning.

The positive thing here is that the new Quiet Riot should make everybody here feel really good about their music making and mixing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Is that who that is? Man, he's lost it. I used to spin the shit out of Blackout in the Red Room. Dumb name and polarizing vocal style but the music stomps the shit out of this limp dick QR album.