Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Kangaroos in promo/lineup photos?

Do Kangaroos Belong in Promo/Lineup Pictures?

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Cossack 
#1 ·
For Australian Metal Bands? Discuss and vote.

Hobb's Angel of Death for the untrve

See less See more
#4 ·
Maybe should've had an option "Why not? Not needed, but absolutely ok" - I voted Yes.

I like the cutie at first row, totally relaxed, as if saying "So, when's the show, mates..?"

#11 ·
I think it's in the official rules, although I haven't read them in a long, long time. One of the powers that be will have to chime in and clarify if that's still the law of the land. Something about "every poll must have a Noodles option, even super important incredibly serious ones about whether Kangaroos belong in promo pictures".

#17 ·
This is Australia we're talking about, man. Everything there can kill you. I love that you ask this like the band has any say at all in the question. :lol:

#20 ·
There's a reason why both a kangaroo and an emu are both in the Australian coat of arms.

I remember my first band at one point had to rehearse at my drummer's garage who happened to live up in the outback woods near Hanging Rock (yes that one). And one time during a break a grey kangaroo snuck into the garage and just stood there. My drummer never short of arrogance threw a rock at it. The rock hit the kangaroo on the chest, but didn't budge an inch. We all just panicked an ran into the house. Eventually the kangaroo got bored and buggered off.

As for emus, well let's look at what history tells us:

The Great Emu War.

TL/DR: Humans lost to emus. TWICE.

Moral of the story: Australia = Certain Death.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.