Pantera reunion babble with Zakk Wylde, Anselmo and Player1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pantera reunion babble with Zakk Wylde, Anselmo and Player1

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

If you want to come down on metal musicians for disrespecting Christian history, let's start at the start.

"Black Sabbath" is a very offensive name. Henceforth, we shall refer to them as "A Very Dark Colored Version of one the Days of The Weekend".

Also, "The Number of the Beast"? I mean, did there have to be "666" in there? There are a lot interesting numbers. The chorus would be as memorable and catchy if they had gone for a number that wasn't offensive to Christianity. Like 3.5 or 12.

Really clutching my pearls at "Highway to Hell" too. Hell is very offensive. There are a lot of places that are very hot and humid they could have gone with instead. Like Borneo, or somewhere in the tropics.

Also, the band "Armored Saint"? If you are going to appropriate and sully the term 'saint', you better at least have one of the better Anthrax vocalists as a member. That's really excessive in terms of offense. When I think of the term "Saint", I don't think of "The third best vocalist in Anthrax".

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: RG 1550
    MA: ROFL
    MB: Dafuq?!
    Rig: Mesa Mark IV, Recto 2x12

I don't imagine hell being very humid. Hot yes, but humid? With all the fires and such I imagine it would have a very arid climate.
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    If you want to come down on metal musicians for disrespecting Christian history, let's start at the start.
    Uuhh, I couldn't care less about anyone disrespecting the Catholic church (or any other church for that matter). I just thought Zakk's way of referring to dead people was really weird, and I doubt guys like Dime or Vinnie Paul would consider themselves saintly in any way.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Should we bet money on the number of pinch harmonics Zakk will destroy the songs with?

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Pantera had one album's worth of good material and Phil was the least talented member.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Player1
    Nice callback.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Pantera had one album's worth of good material and Phil was the least talented member.
    In befor....

Fuck too slow this time to beat the copy past replies from literally every pantera thread ever

On topic, this is fucking hideous chat. Saint? Fuck off. Zakks spent too long around the 'metal brethren' the type of guys you see doing that horrendous viking long boat shit at festivals, he has actually become the guy they all thought he always has been...

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

You know it's saying something when Zakk Wylde's involvement in this is actually one of the least concerning aspects.

I assume with Vinnie Paul gone, this is shelved?
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace