Crue / Poison / Def Leppard Tour
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crue / Poison / Def Leppard Tour

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Crue / Poison / Def Leppard Tour

Or basically one band with a terrible singer, one band that's just terrible, and one legendary rock band all on tour together...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m-tour-913823/

I'd love to see Def Leppard, even if it meant I had to endure Poison as the opener. But as a lifelong Crue fan, there's just no way I could sit through Vince huffing and puffing his way through the classics. :\

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Wait, didn't Crue said they were done touring?
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Yea, they address that in the article, which you clearly didn't read.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD Deluxe EC-1000
    Rig: Roland Cube 60x

Never seen Def Leppard or Poison live. I would probably bail before the Crue. I saw them 12yrs ago, and they were borderline okay, even then. Vince needs to hang it up

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yea, they address that in the article, which you clearly didn't read.
    That's because I already wasted $60 on tickets seeing Vince huff and puff since they said it was the last time.

That's a damn good reason.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

On one hand, I could see how die hard fans wouldn't want to see Motley Crue embarrassing themselves by performing their songs in 2020.

On the other, Motley Crue have been embarrassing themselves by performing their songs since 1981.

The fact this is a tour instead of a Vegas Residency is a grim economic indicator. Like, can 40 year olds with no concept of what constitutes good music really not afford a Vegas vacation to see two of the worst bands to ever emerge from the North American "Metal" scene?

I like the main image in the article though. Brett Michaels is wearing a shirt with Brett Michaels on it and the Brett Michaels on the shirt is probably also wearing a shirt with Brett Michaels on it, so it's sort of an infinite loop.

I also appreciate the fact that Nikki Sixx is basically indistinguishable from Dave Vincent these days.

Gotta give Motley Crue credit though, I respect that the members have been able to look the concept of "aging gracefully" directly in the eye for over two decades and say "Not today".

Really the only positive thing you can say about this tour is that it doesn't involve Kid Rock..... yet.

Hopefully Crue and Poison can save costs on touring by getting the VH1 camera crew and the Penicillin supply to share a semi.

Disney+ is getting a lot of well deserved criticism for what they offer in comparison to Netflix, but hey, at least Disney+ never thought the world needed a Motley Crue movie.

To be fair though, you can't overestimate the place of Motley Crue in American History, no other band sounds like Slade after a lobotomy and a four year bender of glue sniffing.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Obligatory song about how seriously metal fans have always taken Motley Crue.