Selena Gomez takes stand against Auto-Tune in deconstruction of Western Harmony
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selena Gomez takes stand against Auto-Tune in deconstruction of Western Harmony

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Selena Gomez takes stand against Auto-Tune in deconstruction of Western Harmony

Didn't watch the awards, but saw this in the headlines, clicked thinking it was going to be some stupid buzzfeed twitter thing and there is no way it was that bad. Was pleasantly surprised. Unsurprisingly, there doesn't appear to be a full upload on Youtube, but you can catch snippets from a large number of news sites.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...-a-rough-time/

The thing that surprises me most is that a night full of "the grandest of industry titans" or whatever apparently didn't have any real time pitch correction hardware/software going.

Did they lay off all their tech guys? Do they not know how to use google?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Seriously, that's not an exaggeration. It's fucking hilarious. There aren't any actual uploads of it on youtube, even though there are like, a billion official uploads of every other part of the show. You have to google "Selena Gomez Off Key" and see it on another site's player. You have to go of like, Cosmopolitan or some shit and even then it's only like 45 seconds of it. Even the fucking huge long entrenched industry sites are linking to youtube videos that were obviously pulled soon after posting.

The closest thing is a Billboard video that tries to give it a positive spin but conspicuously only has 3 second snippets of the actual performance.

Kudos to her press team/disaster response guys though, where did they train, Soviet Russia? You can only find it on like, twitter and shit. They were really fast in trying to suppress it/retcon it.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1198772796878467072

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I didnt watch any of that.
    Heard on the radio this morning Blah blah Taylor Swift most awards since Michael Jackson. I cant actually name any of her songs.

I don't think I am missing anything

/goes outside and yells at clouds
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetta View Post
    I didnt watch any of that.
    Heard on the radio this morning Blah blah Taylor Swift most awards since Michael Jackson. I cant actually name any of her songs.

I don't think I am missing anything

/goes outside and yells at clouds
    I have no clue what the AMAs are and haven't listened to any of the artists mentioned, but I heard from a few people (as well as saw on news.google) that Selena Gomez's performance was hilariously bad.

Seriously, watch that part, it does not disappoint.

https://twitter.com/SSFRMedias/statu...72796878467072

If that In My Dreams cover ever needs new vocals, Selena is the obvious pick.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: STL Will Putney plugin

30 lbs of sausage stuffed into a 10 lbs bag. Poor little smooshy face couldn't breathe let alone sing

It's extra funny because this is in support of an album that had top level industry support and funding. Sometimes the whole elitist metal/prog, "pop music takes no talent, it's all overproduced garbage" attitude is overblown, since there are a lot of competent musicians/engineers/producers working in that field.

Sometimes though, that opinion is not overblown at all.

That bad of a fuck up is incredible. Especially considering most singers in that field do run real time pitch correction as a "safety net", that's standard industry practice.

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Pop takes a shitload of talent to consistently produce. We make fun of the artists, because they are rarely the ones with said talent.

One thing is certain - the world owes Millie Vanillie an apology. Or at least the one dude still alive (I don't know if that's Millie, or Vanillie).

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

There is no way I could have picked Selena Gomez out of a lineup of other pop singers by ear. You could have told me that was Taylor Swift and I'd have believed you. They all sound exactly the same.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.