WTF is this?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF is this?

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

WTF is this?

Never heard of this shit, how come? I like it.
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: '87 Duesenberg
    Rig: MP-2 + TSR-24S + Vortex

Unknown to me to. Need to research them deeper, sounds pretty damn good for now.
    Tnx for the notification
    Know Thy Self. Know Thy Law. Do What Thou Wilt

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Apparent answer: Great band with a horrendous name.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Apparent answer: Great band with a horrendous name.
    IKR, that name is pretty bad. I mean pretty random, should have just went with oyster fucker 99

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Children of the Cream
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Short answer: German hard rock band. From Karlsruhe, not the most rockin' town. Probably best known to MG.org bros as the band that Andi Deris left to join Helloween. The rest I'll leave to Garrett.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Yeah, pre Helloween. I'm in the "Andi Deris > Michael Kiske" camp. The same as I'm in the "Arch > Alder" and "Oliva > Stevens" camp, but like both of those other ones, it's a contentious opinion. Deris is one of my favorite singers though, great grit. Dark Ride and On I don't really care for most of their stuff, though I've still seem them live a bunch, but Master of the Rings and Better than Raw both have some great tracks on them. Time of the Oath, of course, is in a league of its own. Best Helloween album.

Of course Pink Cream is its own band, but whenever you see people talking about them, it's going to be in relation to Helloween.

After AD joined up they kind of shifted for a couple albums from the fantasy centric style of the Keeper albums to more hard rocking stuff you will like if you like Pink Cream 69. Those 3 I mentioned are all great albums.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

"Time of the Oath" is really close to being a perfect album, it's all over the fucking place stylisitically and thematically, but it's a Painkiller league album. Like Painkiller, there are a couple less impressive tracks, but it still has some absolute rippers.

Helloween is a tough band to quantify, because people just throw them in with all the cheesy fantasy euro power metal, which is like, yeah, fucking obviously, they are the most important band for that style, they fucking started it. But Helloween has a different league of musicians than most power metal bands. In terms of bass and guitars and shit they've nearly always been best in class. The bass playing on Time of the Oath" is fucking incredible. Of course that's not even getting into Kai Hansen, who didn't play on the three albums I mentioned, but is definitely one of the best and most influential guitarists of all time.