Reb Beach's new band: "Black Swan."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reb Beach's new band: "Black Swan."

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Reb Beach's new band: "Black Swan."

Really curious to hear what you guys think of this.

I'm really digging it. Some guys describe the singer being like Dio and the main riff like Judas Priest.

I just really love Reb intense playing and tone. It's killer!

Jeff Pilson on bass is sounding tough.

Robin McAuley - Lead Vocals & Background Vocals
    Reb Beach - Guitars and Background Vocals
    Jeff Pilson - Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Keys & Background Vocals
    Matt Starr - Drums and Percussion

Reb: "When Jeff approached me to do this, I was so excited because I loved writing “Erase the Slate” with him for Dokken. I also played in the band with Jeff for four years, and we worked so well together, writing and live too. He is as good as it gets when it comes to a rock musician, a great songwriter and an absolute joy to work with. I came in with riffs, Jeff arranged them into a song by adding his own parts, and then Robin wrote the lyrics, and knocked it out of the park with the vocals. I am pretty particular about singers, and Robin’s voice is so slammin' that I wouldn’t want anyone else. Matt came in with his huge drum sound, and we had a great sounding band. Very exciting stuff!!"
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I dig it.

Always nice to see two musicians hit it off and constantly work together. From every interview I've met, Pilson seems like a really nice guy and I had a feeling he'd be involved with this too. He's a super positive dude.

Edit: Just realized that this is the singer from MSG. I knew I recognized that voice.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I dig it, I mean its simple, but it seems well done. I know Reb is good but I had forgot Robin had those pipes, I could be wrong but I dont recall too much vocals like that in MSG, but I only saw stuff on MTV not the records.... but yeah Id like more of that.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

You can't fool me, that's not Reb Beach, that's our own Shannon Sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I dig it.

Always nice to see two musicians hit it off and constantly work together. From every interview I've met, Pilson seems like a really nice guy and I had a feeling he'd be involved with this too. He's a super positive dude.

Edit: Just realized that this is the singer from MSG. I knew I recognized that voice.
    Pilson does come across that way. He seems to really enjoy what he does, no matter what band he is in. I saw him with Foreigner last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I dig it, I mean its simple, but it seems well done. I know Reb is good but I had forgot Robin had those pipes, I could be wrong but I dont recall too much vocals like that in MSG, but I only saw stuff on MTV not the records.... but yeah Id like more of that.
    Yeah. I was about to say, I've never even heard of this guy and he is got more stuff that sounds like this. I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    You can't fool me, that's not Reb Beach, that's our own Shannon Sharp.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Named in honor of the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis scissor fight for 2 hours.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Named in honor of the movie where Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis scissor fight for 2 hours.

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Was this mixed by the bassist? Cool music but holy crap is that bass obnoxiously loud.