2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    What the fuck is this all about? Also, he's gotta do something different with his beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    TLDW? I'm not watching 18 minutes of some dude talking about himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Is there a summary of this that DOESN'T end with us watching a handful of different videos with the most cliche YT thumbnails from bedroom warriors that we don't give two flying fucks about?
    Since nobody could be bothered to actually watch these and explain this to everyone else, I decided to slog through it.

The 'Exposed' video is some new guy and he's basically billing the channel as guitar community TMZ basically. It more or less frontloads that it's gossipy nonsense and he seems to get off on the fact he get Fricker to recognize him and change what he's doing as a result.

As far as the complaints against Chappers, it's a long video but as far as I recall:

1.) Chappers refused to do the Ice Bucket Challenge, and instead said he was going to do his own challenge where his friends would jam on a song and sell it, and give the money to a different charity. He also said he was going to donate a bunch of guitars to orphanages. He never did either.

2.) Chappers frequently threatens legal action against people who talk bad about him online.

3.) Chappers band had some gear stolen and he put up a 'go fund me' page to recoup money but there was speculation the gear was insured and question as to what they spent the money on. The video mentions Chappers buying a new PRS for 5000+ squiggles shortly after. They also mention Chappers wife doing a 'go fund me' page to buy him a birthday present for his 40th birthday.

4.) He complains about Chappers increasingly 'click baity' videos. Laces ego into this along with the rest of the arguments throughout.

5.) Says Chappers guitars are an overpriced money grab with poor QC. Mentions the fact Chappers guitars are made in SK and don't go through checking in UK (like PRS does with the SE line or ESP with LTD), they go straight to dealers or straight to consumers. Because of there being no QC done my Chapman, the dealers that carry them have to do it themselves and as a result they have tons of B-stock listed on their sites.

6.) The bulk of Chapman's US distribution is through Guitar Center, and the guy points to GC's finances being in poor shape and how long term exclusive deals with GC ruin brands reputation for quality (points to BC Rich Bronze series).

7.) Talks about Chapman's "Made in UK" line that wa supposed to be $4500. Nobody's every seen one in the wild but Chappers claims they sold out so fast that the factory couldn't keep up, so that's why they decided to shut it down. Guy somehow has Chapman's tax returns and says the numbers don't reflect the amount of money they'd have made if they "sold out" at $4500. So basically accuses Chappers of lying.

8.) Lampoons Chappers for pushing that he has all this money and is wildly successful but he hasn't had a booth at NAMM the last couple years and just wandered around the place making videos. They had a "booth" setup in their hotel room instead, which is pretty hilarious.

9.) Talks about Chappers guitar pedal line and says it's all overprices fluff, basically.

10.) Dips into Chapman's finances and basically says they're not doing very well. Looks like they are "owed" more money than they have in debts, and projected ~$170,000 leftover to pay everyone, staff and stock the custom shop.

That's really the bulk of it. It's actually a whole lot of nothing and pretty much all the same stuff we'd have said about Chapman without having to deep dive. Like I said, this guy frontloads that he's just doing 'tea' videos. So basically a whole lot of nothing.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

1.) Chappers refused to do the Ice Bucket Challenge, and instead said he was going to do his own challenge where his friends would jam on a song and sell it, and give the money to a different charity. He also said he was going to donate a bunch of guitars to orphanages. He never did either.
    Fuck, that's like, Business 101. If you say you are going to do something for a bunch of orphans, actually do it. Otherwise, the very simple solution is to not brag about doing charitable things for orphans.

That's really low if true, "falsely claiming to do charitable things for orphans to gain either goodwill/exposure or money that will definitely not be used for helping orphans" is usually only reserved for the likes of Republican Non Profit Organizations.

The only thing that could eclipse that in terms of bad publicity would be if Chapman bragged he was taking in a bunch of homeless cats and then it was revealed he meant "taking in" in the sense that he brought the homeless cats into his house and then killed them and grilled/seasoned their remains for gourmet consumption.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Is there a summary of this that DOESN'T end with us watching a handful of different videos with the most cliche YT thumbnails from bedroom warriors that we don't give two flying fucks about?
    This, please. The Chappers persona is grating, but not nearly as grating as any of these "so-and-so-EXPOSED" clickbait videos, which I refuse to watch on principle.

What's it being alleged that Chapman has done that's so shady it deserves to be EXPOSED?

EDIT - thanks Randy. I'll go back to not caring.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Edited.... just too assholy..... Glen rocks.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

3.) Chappers band had some gear stolen and he put up a 'go fund me' page to recoup money but there was speculation the gear was insured and question as to what they spent the money on. The video mentions Chappers buying a new PRS for 5000+ squiggles shortly after. They also mention Chappers wife doing a 'go fund me' page to buy him a birthday present for his 40th birthday.
    That's not actually a crime. Go Fund Me and Patreon and shit like that were designed for people who are avatars of conspicuous consumption to ask for handouts from impressionable fans less fortunate than them.

It's so obvious it's not actually hoodwinking anyone. That falls under "Caveat Emptor"/"A fool and his/her money are soon parted".

Go Fund Me and Patreon and that kind of shit weren't actually designed to help people who need the help. The only people who are shameless enough to use them are people who don't need the help.

Really more of a pyramid/multi-level marketing scheme than a "community funding charitable thing". They sell you on the idea that everybody is a community that has each-others backs, but it's just for priveleged people to bilk money out of idiots.

If you are ever thinking of using a Go Fund Me, give that money to an actual homeless person instead. Or a reputable charity. That shit is an obvious scam.

The "bootstraps" crowd is always trying to sell people on the idea that the people who are asking for handouts are unfortunate people who are in the position they are in because of their own lot in life. 99% of the time, the people asking for handouts are people much better off than the average citizen who don't actually need handouts.

Go Fund Me is just small scale corporate wellfare. There are a shit ton of people out there who deserve your help, if you are stupid enough to think any of those people are running campaigns on Go Fund Me, that's sort of your own fault.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

The only remotely surprising/disappointing thing to me about it was that I thought Americans were the only ones that make a habit of throwing money at strangers whenever they feel bad about something they read on the internet.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

The only remotely surprising/disappointing thing to me about it was that I thought Americans were the only ones that make a habit of throwing money at strangers whenever they feel bad about something they read on the internet.
    I once got a bunch of ss.org members (ahem, before it became /7/) to paypal me $1 to take Drew to a strip club. And because I'm an honest lad, we did indeed give that money directly to the ladies.