Matt from Matt's Music has passed away. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 17 to 21 of 21

Thread: Matt from Matt's Music has passed away.

  1. #17


    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Boston, MA.

    iTrader: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That's a bitch, lung cancer taking a non smoker.

    Glad to hear you guys are able to keep the store running - your first thought on hearing this news is obviously to Matt, but you guys have always been great as well and I was hoping the shop was in a position to keep running after him, you'd hate to see a couple decent guys lose their jobs on top of losing a boss and a friend, and Matt's was a rarity in an increasingly corporate music world.

    Also, if you've been working with him for 17 years, you're probably at least a little older than I thought! My condolences though, man - Matt was a great guy, I'm stoked to hear you'll be able to keep the shop running, but his loss must have been crushing on a personal level...

    Thank you man, very much appreciate that. Matt loved this forum too, he's been a bit quieter on the internet since his battle started but he loved coming on and reading and posting!

    And yes, I look a bit younger than I am, I get it a lot. Or I did until these greys started popping into the beard anyway..

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  3. #18


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Somerville, Ma
    ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by mattsmusic View Post
    Thank you man, very much appreciate that. Matt loved this forum too, he's been a bit quieter on the internet since his battle started but he loved coming on and reading and posting!

    And yes, I look a bit younger than I am, I get it a lot. Or I did until these greys started popping into the beard anyway..
    That's not aging, that's becoming dignified!

    I have a copy of his album somewhere he did a few years back with, was it one of the guys from Queensryche? Pretty great stuff, whoever was on it, I'll have to pull it out and spin it in his memory.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

  4. #19


    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Florida
    ME: Washburn N7
    Rig: Peavey 5150

    iTrader: 1 (100%)

    I must be really dignified then.

    Sorry to hear of Matt’s passing. Glad you guys are keeping it going. You guys run a great business and are aces to deal with.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements
     

  6. #20


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: The GrVm North
    ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

    iTrader: 34 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That's not aging, that's becoming dignified!

    I have a copy of his album somewhere he did a few years back with, was it one of the guys from Queensryche? Pretty great stuff, whoever was on it, I'll have to pull it out and spin it in his memory.
    It was Zak Stevens from Savatage! Matt promised* me that he'd get him to sing over my shitty home recordings sometime.

    *he didn't really promise, he laughed at me when I asked

    Great to hear that the business will soldier on in his name. Matt was a great dude who hooked me up with a bunch of killer gear and was always a blast to chat about tunes with. I wish I'd been able to make it down there more than a handful of times, but glad I was able to get to know him as well as I did.

  7. #21


    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Somerville, Ma
    ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

    iTrader: 5 (100%)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It was Zak Stevens from Savatage! Matt promised* me that he'd get him to sing over my shitty home recordings sometime.

    *he didn't really promise, he laughed at me when I asked
    Dammit, you're right!!!

Tags for this Thread


Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production



VigLink badge