Bonnaroo 2020 Lineup - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bonnaroo 2020 Lineup

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sunday: Grace Potter, Flogging Molly[/B]

That's it. Who the fuck are all these bands?
    Someone with more prog/fusion cred than me is going to shame you for not knowing who Bill Frisell is.

Also, Femi Kuti is obviously one of Fela Kuti's children, so that's pretty recognizable. One of the biggest musical movements to come out of Africa in the past century.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Someone with more prog/fusion cred than me is going to shame you for not knowing who Bill Frisell is.
    The only "prog" I like is Dream Theater and I think fusion is synonymous with elevator music so I'll live.

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by zepp View Post
    Music festivals are for dirty hippies.
    I understand party drugs at EDM festivals because the music is catered to that, but for something like this the line up is too broad. Like when I went to Rockville in May I couldn't possibly see someone high on ecstasy enjoying themselves watching Shinedown and then going to watch Judas Priest.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Sterling JP70
    MA: Alvarez
    MB: Ibanez Cheapo 9000
    Rig: MB TriAxis > 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpintofinity View Post
    I understand party drugs at EDM festivals because the music is catered to that, but for something like this the line up is too broad. Like when I went to Rockville in May I couldn't possibly see someone high on ecstasy enjoying themselves watching Shinedown and then going to watch Judas Priest.
    I can't imagine someone enjoying themselves watching Shinedown.
    [Leon] 10:03 pm: She can poop on my chest anyday

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

I enjoyed them more than In This Moment, but I also left when rob zombie came on.

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

My wife and I went to several years of Bonnaroo 13-15 years ago. We both had a blast every time. We were already way too old to be slogging around for three days between a bunch of stages in the heat/humidity/dust, but it was worth it.

It was still more jam/roots-oriented at the time--no rappers or mega pop stars. Already very eclectic, though. Over the years I attended, I saw everyone from Radiohead to Ornette Coleman play, and my wife got to see a bunch of folk and indie rock bands that she liked.

It's been at least 10 years since any of the lineups interested me, though. They went ultra-pop with far fewer musically interesting bands. Plus, trends changed and the stuff I like isn't even remotely popular anymore.

Even back then, though, the headliners weren't really the attraction--each year I discovered some great new acts way down on the bill that I'd never heard of.

Plus, a lot of 'name' performers fed off the energy. The best Jeff Beck and Grace Potter sets I ever saw were at Bonnaroo, and The Mars Volta was like a different band there compared to the crappy Baltimore show they played a few weeks later.

Now, of course, I'm REALLY too fuckin' old to be out there...

ME: LTD Deluxe EC-1000
    Rig: Roland Cube 60x

I believe the Struts are supposed to be the next coming of Queen. Some of their stuff is okay, but it sounds more like The Strokes and whatever genre they started in the late 2K's.